So how kool is this - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So how kool is this

NORMALLY, people would stop and help... but these folks are just driving around the carnage; I think I woulda done the same.

If you're big boy enough to drive like that, you're big boy enough to pick yourself up off the pavement.

Btw, what does it take to get a motorcycle license in Oz and Germany?

Here in the states it varies. In Florida you have to take the 16 hour MSF Basic Rider course. In other places like Oregon you need nothing more than to pass a paper test.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Today it's about 1,700 US-$. Car licence is about additional 1,500 to 2,000 US-$. I did mine for about 1,500 US-$ 17years ago, but for car + motorcycle.
    Nowadays we have European Regulations and you even need a special licence if you want to pull a small trailer behind your car or drive a small truck up to 3,5 tons. I am lucky to have a licence with the old regulations and don't need that.

How much you have to pay in the US?
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

In N.J. - 15 min. ( pretty damn ) test , checking right answers , paying $15.00 and ready to go . It's a joke ...
    That is one of many reasons , why driving on US roads can be a nightmare . Ask me , what I think about it .

$15.00 ?! NO! That can't be! You're kidding, aren't you?!
    Karim

Before I obtained my first III category European license , I was attending school for 4 month , 3 days a week - 3 hrs. a day. Preparation for driving was provided by professional instructors , then we spent additional 40 hrs. on understanding cars in motion and practical driving on the closed to the public , especially designated roads . Actual test was at front of 3 examiners and mistakes were impossible !!! To elevate your skills to your II category for driving cars heavier than 2,5 ton , school took another 3 month of your life . To drive professionally with I class license , timing all together could take almost ONE YEAR !!! After all , cost of education and entering onto the public roads was equal to 2 - 3 monthly salary of average citizen . You could apply for motorcycle licence only after driving your own car for min. 1 year . Now you tell me , how it can be compared to skills "learned" by US drivers , who practically on the beginning contaminate these roads , than pick up their "habits" from observing others ? State to State has different rules , hidden policies and specially trained hunters for the money . Yes - Police has plenty of reasons to write the ticket for almost every "illegal" matter . Each Township has Public Court , where "Judicial Scumbags" have millions of opportunities to withdraw your money from the banking account . Revenues for the Counties and States are equal to the Wall Street thievery . That's the dirty business , like you never seen in your life . So , why to teach people to be rightful drivers , if The System is established already "so well" ? If you calculate price of each accident ( which in normal circumstances CAN BE AVOIDED ) , involvement of medical personel , flying helicopters to catch juicy materials for "daily news" ( read - drama ) , lucrative businesses of car towing , overfilled body shops and never ending delivery of new cars to the dealerships , you have an actual picture reflecting differences in methods of driving education . Some roads have 4 - 7 lanes , but only 3 cars can create unbelievable traffic congestion . You might ask me , how it's possible ? The answer is - WHO CARES ?

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

Here in the states it varies. In Florida you have to take the 16 hour MSF Basic Rider course. In other places like Oregon you need nothing more than to pass a paper test.
    Mate where I live in the Land Down Under we have a deal called Q-ride
    Basically its a crowd that teachers you to ride???

You first do the written test for a Learners then you front up at Q-Ride
    They teach yah all the ins and outs and then yah end up with a License

When I did mine a zillion and 3 years ago I was in the Military at a very very small country town in Queensland

So most of my company maybe 20 or so decided to get their licence at the same tome so we all fronted up at the 2 man Cop shop
    The Policeman helped us do the written part and then the actual I can ride a bike part
    So we had one bike a Honda 250 owned by a bloke in my section (Sniper)

So the Cop shop is on a hill and we had to ride down the hill do a turn without putting our feet on the ground and then back to the Cop shop

So a few of us done it when the bike stops at the bottom of the hill
    So we raced down and its out of petrol
    So we pushes the bike back
    The Cop just gives everyone a Full License
    Then the mate gets on the bike turns it onto reserve and rides it back to the camp
    Suppose yah just had to be their

The cost of a License here for 5 years car and bike around $120

@Limoles: I hear you, F6B-Buddy! Interesting point of view. I am with you.

@TerryDj: Funny story!
    Karim

Europe, particularly Germany, seem very serious about driver training... on the one hand I admire that, on the other hand I would not enjoy the expense or time involved!

Yes Karim, licensing fees are commonly insignificant in the US; so insignificant that I don't even remember what I pay

Limoles, I agree about the terrible thing of "law enforcement to generate revenue"; I think it's far worse in the northeast like New Jersey and Maryland than in other states. Here in Florida I was pulled over doing 20 mph over the speed limit, and the cop only wanted to remind me that I shouldn't be talking on my cell phone; no ticket; have a nice day

My work commute was from Santa Rosa to San Francisco about 60 miles or so and when I rode my full dress Wings in the day. I lane split all the time for the 30+ years I worked in California.Had a couple of close calls but never hit anyone.Now that I live in Northern Nevada I found out really fast you do not lane split here.Nevada State troopers give no leway and you will get a ticket-so if you travel in Nevada you have been warned.