Question about cleaning F6b ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about cleaning F6b ?

Before I rode my black F6b a couple weeks ago (brand new), I washed by hand, dried with chamois and applied liquid glass. next day, more liquid glass. Pretty damn good stuff! will wash again on next nice day and apply MORE liquid glass....thinking of putting at least 5 applications of LG to insure a nice paint! so far, so good!
    "Current Stable"
    2013 F6B - black
    2006 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle CVO Ultra
    2009 KLR 650
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI
    2003 Harley Davidson FLSTSI (yup, 2)
    2001 Harley Davidson FXDXT
    2006 Aprilia Scarabeo 500GT
    1981 Hondamatic 400
    1980 Yamaha Exciter 250
    1973 Honda CB360
    2009 Yamaha C3

A can and a half of LG and many, many black carnauba coats in between and my paint looks and is holding up as it should. Wax on, wax...
    Attachment 12758
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

I simply use a microfibre cloth and a good quality detergent and i don't spray the bike with water just simply wash it off.
    I'm also using Liquid Glass, currently have about 4 layers, all seems to be working fine on my black beauty.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    A can and a half of LG and many, many black carnauba coats in between and my paint looks and is holding up as it should. Wax on, wax...
    Attachment 12758
    Your bike is beautiful. The black has a deep lustrous shine,very nice. I like the effect that you have on the bottom of the saddle bags ..Are you using liquid glass on the matte parts also?

Sorry guys, I've just copied this from a recent post but i think it's relevant.

I use Liquid Glass, I tend to leave it on for about an hour before polishing it off but i don't know if it makes any real difference. currently got about 4 coats on.

I don't use the pre cleaner between coats and i only wash the bike with a microfibre cloth and a quality detergent when it gets dirty. My bike is black and really, i haven't had a great problem with the paint. Black is a great colour but shows up every mark, as my paint guy says, 'the colour we love to hate'

I use a microfibre cloth to put the polish on, and another to take it off,

Cheers and best

Chris

Cleaning

Glare professional car polish works wonders, I have used it on all my bikes.