Not sure who that's directed at Bill, but I drag my OEM pegs; I just about have the bolt head on the bottom worn off

To update my HT shifter experience, shortly after my original post I decided my problems were rider error and decided to give the shifter another shot. After figuring out that I need to pay more attention to shifting, I've been using it successfully for the past several months... to the point of even recommending it to a few others.

Well, I wish I could take back everyone of those recommendations!

A few days ago my bike started dropping out of 2nd and 3rd gear!!!!!!! This happened multiple times. Sometimes under hard load... about midway of climbing through the RPM's in 2nd, the bike would plop into neutral and instead of accelerating I'd be coasting and revving a free spinning engine! Other times the bike would fall out of 2nd gear like this under light load.

Yesterday I removed the HT shifter (again!) and am once again monitoring the situation. After a day or so with the OEM shifter I have not had a gear flop.

I'm fed up with this POS and sending it straight to the round file. This gear dropping thing has me so flustered that I won't bother listing it for sale or give it to anyone; I don't want anyone else going through these issues.

If I happened to suggest trying a heal-toe shifter to you, please disregard that; not recommended.