F6B and Bluetooth - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B and Bluetooth

If you are going to use it only for music I have tried the Bluetooth dongle connected to the aux, and also using a flash drive connected in the left saddle bag and currently I have a buddy with a Harley trying out the dongle since the flash drive is immensely better quality.
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    ok, everything is on amazon.com - search for USB Bluetooth Receiver, USB Car charger, buy a double so you can power your phone as well.

Attachment 12794Attachment 12795

Step 1. Plug BT receiver into USB car charger
    Step 2. Plug 3.5 Audio plug in left cubby into USB BT
    Step 3. Plug BT receiver and car charger plug into DC outlet in left cubby.
    Step 4. Turn on Phone search for BT and Sync.
    Step 5. Select Pandora or your music and play all day long. (if you have provided power for the phone too)

Remember AUX has 2 inputs one from the rear saddlebag an Ipod or USB drive and the other from the left cubby 3.5 audio jack. So sometimes you have to hit it twice.

OK help me out. What is this accomplishing? Is music coming across fairing speakers? Wouldn't connecting the phone 3.5mm out to the cubby connector accomplish the same? I must have manure for brains this morning.....help me understand signal flow.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    OK help me out. What is this accomplishing? Is music coming across fairing speakers? Wouldn't connecting the phone 3.5mm out to the cubby connector accomplish the same? I must have manure for brains this morning.....help me understand signal flow.
    If a rider is using their phone as a GPS and it is in a mount, then the BT will connect all the phone based music and GPS instructions through the main speakers while still wirelessly remaining visible.
    That's what I'm seeing here......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

if the phone is in the cubby it's a little difficult to change or skip songs. This gets the phone on a RAM mount in my situation. Enables me to use the phone as a GPS or it also shows incoming calls I can see who is calling and give them a quick response like I'm on the bike, I'll call you next fill up.

I don't use BT helmet. Until they have a battery that can last 12 hrs (12 hrs continous music), I'm not buying!

I have not found the quality of the music from streaming or BT is that bad. Let's face it at 75 mph I'm not expecting quadaphonic high definiton stereo music.

So what does this cheap combo get me? Ipod classic in left saddlebag, Pandora from phone, AM/FM radio from honda. A wide choice of music!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Gotcha....thanks.

I'm glad that people have found workable solutions, but it is ridiculous that, in 2015, the top end of the Honda line doesn't have built in BT functionality. Even your cheap home electronics can do BT now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    if the phone is in the cubby it's a little difficult to change or skip songs. This gets the phone on a RAM mount in my situation. Enables me to use the phone as a GPS or it also shows incoming calls I can see who is calling and give them a quick response like I'm on the bike, I'll call you next fill up.

I don't use BT helmet. Until they have a battery that can last 12 hrs (12 hrs continous music), I'm not buying!

I have not found the quality of the music from streaming or BT is that bad. Let's face it at 75 mph I'm not expecting quadaphonic high definiton stereo music.

So what does this cheap combo get me? Ipod classic in left saddlebag, Pandora from phone, AM/FM radio from honda. A wide choice of music!
    I don't know about 12 hours, but I've used my SMH10 for 6 or more, on multiple occasions. The new SMH20 is supposed to have improved battery life. In 6 or 8 hours, I run out of working data networks to stream from. I usually have to stop and kill Pandora or XM and switch to phone-loaded mp3 files by then. The sound fidelity inside your helmet, away from the outside noise, is decidedly better. However, you have to be careful not to keep creeping the volume up. You can damage your hearing. Also with the helmet solution, I just say "hello" into my mic, and the music is automatically quieted and the phone answered.

Quote Originally Posted by mercator1 View Post
    I'm glad that people have found workable solutions, but it is ridiculous that, in 2015, the top end of the Honda line doesn't have built in BT functionality. Even your cheap home electronics can do BT now.
    I agree 100%