Everyone See this? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Everyone See this?

Personally,I got mine after a Harley guy traded his Harley for it, then went back and traded it for a Harley. My good fortune. What I have is a bike that is stable,runs great,smooth as silk,handles the twisties around Colorado beautifully,and where ever I park it ,even the Harley folks come over to check it out,compliment it.
    I ride it down the road and people will check it out.I get asked at redlights what is it,even a policeman pulled up to tell me what a beauty it is.
    All that aside I love the bike. Everything I want,no complaints,I'll even accept the paint as is until I have the funds to redo that.
    Maybe I am the odd one ,but I didnt buy it as an investment. I bought it because I liked it,then rode it and now love it. It was an investment in my pleasure and boyz the return is through the roof !
    IMHO,it's a great bike ladies and gentlemen.If I had the money, I'd have another ,thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    How can anybody in this forum feel they've been misled by Honda?

Motorcycles are distractions that we buy to make us feel free and unencumbered from our day to day life stuff. They are meant to be purchased with disposable income. Underscore disposable income.

The good news - They are built on a tried and true platform , virtually maintenance free and parts and accessories will be around for a long, long time. Worried about insurance claims affected by depreciation? Then get full replacement insurance.

The really good news - Next year there will be bargains on the 2015's. You know, the model with all the goodies everyone wants! Just hope and pray they don't become more popular.

Honda can't be blamed for poor uniformed decisions made by the consumer. Please ....don't even bring up the perceived paint issue. It is what it is.

Had to vent...
    Not to get in a pissing match but new vehicle replacement has a time and mileage limit.
    I own a 2013 and 11000 on the clock guess what if some thing happens I loose money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How can anybody in this forum feel they've been misled by Honda?
    Motorcycles are distractions that we buy to make us feel free and unencumbered from our day to day life stuff. They are meant to be purchased with disposable income. Underscore disposable income.
    The good news - They are built on a tried and true platform , virtually maintenance free and parts and accessories will be around for a long, long time. Worried about insurance claims affected by depreciation? Then get full replacement insurance.
    The really good news - Next year there will be bargains on the 2015's. You know, the model with all the goodies everyone wants! Just hope and pray they don't become more popular.

Honda can't be blamed for poor uniformed decisions made by the consumer. Please ....don't even bring up the perceived paint issue. It is what it is.

Had to vent...
    unsub pretty much summed it all up....

You have to go into a new motorcycle purchase knowing that your investment is not in the vehicle, but in the enjoyment.
    If you want an investment, look at a Rune or something from the early 1900's.

It's hard to bicker on the price, I looked at BMW before my F6B, there's a huge price difference there, same with HD.
    Ever get service or accessories at a BMW dealer?
    Ever get service or accessories at a HD dealer?

And if you were lucky enough to get the extended warranty, that piece of mind is worth a lot.
    Ever try to get a 7-year warranty on a BMW?
    Ever check the price on an extended warranty on a HD?

All in all, I can't complain about the purchase price on my F6B.
    If my bike came with a real paint job, I'd be a happy camper.

We have 2 F6b's both were bought under MSRP. for the most part, market prevails. At MSRP, sure some bikes were sold, but many more were not. 3 years later we can find new 13's all over the place. Mother Honda should learn a lesson. Do not put a bike on the floor at $20,999 and a full blown wing with all the bells right next to it for $24k. Most folks will opt for the additional 3k and get all the options. We do not have a $20,999 bike. we have a $17,999 bike. If Honda wants to sell more, they have to price it in the area of what dealers sold 13's for in late 14.

JMHO, but bitching about weather you are upside down or paid too much is a waste of time. We own toys, not necessary in the grand scheme of things. Ride it because you love it, Ride it into the ground, and if the next shiny thing comes around, and you can afford it, go for it.

We had a nice person on here for a while, who maxed out credit to get a bike, and farkle it up, in the end it was sold at a loss and a bad taste was left about the bike. Now, it can be argued that that is more of a social issue, living beyond your means and such. I know alot of people got much better deals than me, twice over. But hell, If i didn't want to pay it, i would have walked away.

Just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by naga viper View Post
    Not to get in a pissing match but new vehicle replacement has a time and mileage limit.
    I own a 2013 and 11000 on the clock guess what if some thing happens I loose money.
    You're absolutely correct and that rule or variant applies to all vehicles, makes and models that are insurable through conventional carriers that offer that service.

Just one other point I'd like to make to the group. Depreciation is only realized when you sell or make a claim on the bike. Until that time the bike is worth every penny you paid for it.

You're absolutely correct and that rule or variant applies to all vehicles, makes and models that are insurable through conventional carriers that offer that service.

Just one other point I'd like to make to the group. Depreciation is only realized when you sell or make a claim on the bike. Until that time the bike is worth every penny you paid for it.

YES and YES indeed !!!