bad people do bad things
    canada has a population or 35,344,962
    the us population 318.9 million
    you do the math,its not hard...
    there are BAD people here
    guns keep the bad people at bay
    there are 69,438 active/sworn police officers in Canada
    in the us there are 1.1 million police officers
    so...taking the guns away will not make things better...
    Using your logic, China should have the worst case of gun deaths in the world.
    But they don't.
    Why not?
    You know the answer.
    No guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Yes - I really do . I believe in science more than any archaic dogmatism .
    Just wonder - What is your counter point to scientific studies ?
    What means - This is America ? Is it a mind set or simple fear ?
    Not trying to convince anyone , I can see this problem only from different prospectives .

I think you have rights to have your opinion and nobody will kill you for that , but you
    can be shot anywhere ( in America ) , not having chances to defend yourself either .
    I think your "scientific study" has been proven to be a standard case of liberal skewed statistics.

I tend to support the studies referenced by http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/ .... Tend to be a little more common sense.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^

It's not science........it's statistics and a 9th grader can do statistics and an adult can skew statistics to fit their DOGMA.

Very curious why nobody in the US wants to take claim for the radical drop in violent crime in the US over the last 25 years........hmmmmmmm. Maybe fear is a tool and fear is used by skewing statistics and hiding facts. In simpler terms they lie......and yes it is in print. So believe what you want to read, I look for facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Studies, polls, reports are all "summaries" of 'raw' data.
    Using various official sounding terms like "non-statisitcal sample" (which is a real mathematical term used for "cherry picking the samples we wanted to exploit") and of course "percentages" and carefully worded questions with multiple choice answers that don't always fit and then extrapolating that "finding" to the rest of the population is really making a well done report - on ANY topic - hard to find.
    Let's face it - whoever funds the study gets to skew the report of the outcome.

If you want something done correctly, one must do it oneself.

My personal poll. Raw data, both questions and answers are provided for clarity:

"Do you live in a metropolitan area where gang violence & drug crime is prevalent?"
    Yes. Philadelphia.
    "Is the 911 response time greater than 2 minutes?"
    Yes.
    "Are you too young to die?"
    Yes.
    "Are you too old to get your ass beat?"
    Yes.
    "Are you trained in hand to hand combat?"
    Yes.
    "Are you a martial artist capable of defending yourself against a pack of unarmed thugs?"
    No.
    "Are you professionally trained in the use of firearms?"
    Yes.
    "Do you maintain proficiency in the use of firearms for self and home defense?"
    Yes.

My conclusion to my study is that should I find myself in a situation where I have to defend myself or my family from 2 or more aggressors (or one REALLY good one), is that my probability of survival is based upon abilities which I do not possess without some hardware help.
    My action on my conclusion is to carry a concealed weapon.

Your personal poll questions and answers will vary. Please behave responsibly.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Studies, polls, reports are all "summaries" of 'raw' data.
    Using various official sounding terms like "non-statisitcal sample" (which is a real mathematical term used for "cherry picking the samples we wanted to exploit") and of course "percentages" and carefully worded questions with multiple choice answers that don't always fit and then extrapolating that "finding" to the rest of the population is really making a well done report - on ANY topic - hard to find.
    Let's face it - whoever funds the study gets to skew the report of the outcome.

If you want something done correctly, one must do it oneself.

My personal poll. Raw data, both questions and answers are provided for clarity:

"Do you live in a mteropolitan area where gang violence & drug crime is prevalent?"
    Yes. Philadelphia.
    "Is the 911 response time greater than 2 minutes?"
    Yes.
    "Are you too young to die?"
    Yes.
    "Are you too old to get your ass beat?"
    Yes.
    "Are you trained in hand to hand combat?"
    Yes.
    "Are you a martial artist capable of defending yourself against a pack of unarmed thugs?"
    No.
    "Are you professionally trained in the use of firearms?"
    Yes.
    "Do you maintain proficiency in the use of firearms for self and home defense?"
    Yes.

My conclusion to my study is that should I find myself in a situation where I have to defend myself or my family from 2 or more aggressors (or one REALLY good one), is that my probability of survival is based upon abilities which I do not possess without some hardware help.
    My action on my conclusion is to carry a concealed weapon.

Your personal poll questions and answers will vary. Please behave responsibly.

53, I grew up at Roosevelt Blvd and Welsh Rd in the 70's and 80's. Street smarts weren't really needed back then because NE Philly was a low crime area. I went back in the late 90's to care for my dying mother and the first thing I began wishing for was a gun to carry. Wow what a radical change. I left after 18 months and sadly never looked back. Still love Philly, the Flyers and the Phils, but taxes, tolls and crime make it not the place for me anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    53, I grew up at Roosevelt Blvd and Welsh Rd in the 70's and 80's. Street smarts weren't really needed back then because NE Philly was a low crime area. I went back in the late 90's to care for my dying mother and the first thing I began wishing for was a gun to carry. Wow what a radical change. I left after 18 months and sadly never looked back. Still love Philly, the Flyers and the Phils, but taxes, tolls and crime make it not the place for me anymore.
    I live In Richboro/Newtown, but I work at the Naval Facility in the NE on Oxford & Levick.
    Your assessment is spot on, plus a few more variables have been added to the mix.
    I am leaving this area soon....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Boy what I would do for a tomato pie from Tonys or a real cheesteak or hoagie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Boy what I would do for a tomato pie from Tonys or a real cheesteak or hoagie.
    Heading to Tony Luke's for lunch......
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce