looking at 2015 black F6B... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: looking at 2015 black F6B...

Hey Curt...Long time no hear.... it is a bigger version of the Rune....just not as pretty !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Hey Curt...Long time no hear.... it is a bigger version of the Rune....just not as pretty !!!
    Steve....you and I are going to have to have a serious talk about aesthetics...
    This bike is every bit as pretty as a Rune - however, for those of you who are QFC, then the '6' isn't as "shiny" as the Rune.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Steve....you and I are going to have to have a serious talk about aesthetics...
    This bike is every bit as pretty as a Rune - however, for those of you who are QFC, then the '6' isn't as "shiny" as the Rune.
    +1 yeah what I said too!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

The Rune will will give you a sense of pride and freedom to ride anywhere in your TOWN.

The F6 will will give you a sense of pride and freedom to ride anywhere in your COUNTRY.

Regarding wind on the back and black wheels... there are also bugs on the shield, and the sun does get a bit uncomfortable too. I may have to sell my bike and give up motorcycling altogether

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    +1 yeah what I said too!
    Are we allowed to give thumbs up to our own comments

All kidding aside, welcome aboard HG.

You will be happy with a 6 if you get one...

No issues with wind on the back. It's a bike though so you will feel some wind.

Paint isn't as nice as it could be (definitely not up to Harley standards), but after over 8K miles and a few coats of Liquid Glass my paint still looks great.

I think the black wheels look great too, but that's just a personal preference and wheels can always be changed to ones that you like better.

Love my F6B and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great handling, fast, reliable and comfortable long distance tourer.

don't get me wrong I love the looks of the f6b but after spending a short time looking on the board and seeing some of these issues I just want to make sure that there are remedies to overcome some of these small negative issues. I've had a 2005 Honda rune purchased new and love the bike but need something for the girlfriend and I to be comfortable on long rides..She saw my friends victory vision 8 Ball and really liked the looks of it so when I showed her the F6B she thought it looked plain...I love the look of the bikes but wanna make it as badass as my Rune...I appreciate all the positive comments ...
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just wanted to add that I just didnt like the rough paint finish on the wheels but nothing a good coat of powdercoat wont fix...Looking forward to the storage and the electronics for music ....
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    don't get me wrong I love the looks of the f6b but after spending a short time looking on the board and seeing some of these issues I just want to make sure that there are remedies to overcome some of these small negative issues. I've had a 2005 Honda rune purchased new and love the bike but need something for the girlfriend and I to be comfortable on long rides..She saw my friends victory vision 8 Ball and really liked the looks of it so when I showed her the F6B she thought it looked plain...I love the look of the bikes but wanna make it as badass as my Rune...I appreciate all the positive comments ...
    Greetings hgslayr

I purchased my 6 less than a month ago, matte. And all that I could say is if you want jaw dropping looks, super performance, and the unlimited fun factor get the 6. As 53driver stated use the Rune for special occasions; I also have a HD for that. With the 6 you will not get the belly button factor ( everyone has one) effect.

S/F

Quote Originally Posted by hgslayr View Post
    When I bought my B, I also was looking--and loving the Vision 8 Ball. But I wanted out of the V Twin thing. I guess some may see the B as "plain"--I think the simple un-chromed look is one of the things that attracted me. To each his own.

This and the other "wind on the back thread" is the first I have heard of such a thing. Remember, it is a motorcycle and I always thought wind was suppose to be part of the motorcycle experience. If I didn't want wind, then I drive the car.

The paint could be better. I heard the EXACT same thing while I rode my 2 Victorys and I was on their boards. Harley sets the benchmark in paint, but you have to put up with a lot of other stuff just to look at that nice gas tank while you are riding (since that is really all you see while on the bike)

I see the black wheels as matching the personality of the rest of the bike and after cleaning chrome on my Harleys for 10 years, I love the black wheels.

Here is what I have learned about bikes since I got my first Honda in 1977. There is NO perfect machine for ALL style of riding and what you want to do. The bike that is big and comfortable is going to be heavy and not as nimble as a sportbike. The sportbike that zips thru the turns is not going to have a radio or make 600 mile days a pleasure. If you like a lot of chrome and bling, a rag and water hose are going to keep your hands busy when they could be on the handle bars.

I think what most of us are saying is that our B is the absolute best compromise in style, handling, wind management without a barn door that you have to look through, comfort and I have yet to hear anybody complain about a lack of power--- even from the slow red one--which I happen to own.

If paint, wheels and wind are deal breakers for you, then you may be suited for another machine. Nothing wrong with that. But you can't have mine
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]