Half helmet advice? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Half helmet advice?

I have a Bell half helmet. However, as previously mentioned, I prefer 3/4 helmet with half face shield. My XL HJC fits well in the left saddlebag as does the Bell half helmet. Both helmets are reasonably priced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
    The Bell Pit Boss will be my next helmet. Has an adjuster on the back like a bicycle helmet that really snugs it to your head. Also doesn't make you look like a mushroom head.

I think all of the Bell half helmets have that now. I was looking at a Drifter 3 years ago and it did not have it. However the Drifter I bought in February does as does my Pit Boss.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is great helmet I bought and have worn maybe a 1/2 dozen times...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Here is great helmet I bought and have worn maybe a 1/2 dozen times...
    I think the OP was looking for a half helmet..

I know, but this one has a twin that is a 1/2...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Old Ryder- since you have both the Bell Drifter and the Pit Boss, how would you compare them? Are they the same dimensions externally? Same fit? If they are, I might get the Drifter as its around $45 on clearance.

Thanks for the input, everyone. I didn't realize there were half helmets available with retractable sun visors. That is my favorite feature of my current Nolan modular. I decided between the Scorpion EXO-C110, Bell Put Boss and the Gmax GM65. Since I am not yet certain if I will like wearing a half helmet (I've worn full face and modulars for 30 years), I went with the Gmax based purely on the cost through Revzilla ($59). If I decide i don't like the feel of the half helmet, or want a pricier half lid, I won't be out of pocket much for the test. Revzilla is always lightning fast, so I should know if I like it pretty soon.

Thanks again,
    Jeff

Make sure to look at daytona. Not "mushroomy" at all.

Bell Pit Boss. It's adjustable and when you get it snug it won't bobble around on your head. Also has a pull down tinted eye shield if you forget or don't want to wear sunglasses. I love mine!

Another bonus is it has a removable cold weather wrap that covers your ears. Works great.

Welcome to this great forum !

I have the Bell Mag 9 Senna and very happy with it. And you can snug the Senna Intercom system easily.