Closest call I ever had today. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closest call I ever had today.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I was extremely fortunate but have owned and ridden 4 more motorcycles since that event. They have reworked that streatch of interstate in the past few years and I am quite sure I would be a fatality if that accident occurred now. They have installed concrete barriers between the north and south bound lanes right where my escape path was at the time. Those things my be good to keep cars appart but can be real dangerous for motorcycles.
    We have concrete barriers and cables in AZ. I cringe thinking about what would happen if I ended up in the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    We have concrete barriers and cables in AZ. I cringe thinking about what would happen if I ended up in the cables.
    Came up on a crash a couple of years ago where a guy was on the inside lane of the interstate and swerved, due to stopped traffic, into the cables. I think it was the support posts that actually took his life. Made an impression I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Came up on a crash a couple of years ago where a guy was on the inside lane of the interstate and swerved, due to stopped traffic, into the cables. I think it was the support posts that actually took his life. Made an impression I can assure you.
    When they first started putting them up I was like, WTF? I guess they save alot of money over concrete but most of the time the cars slip right under the cables anyway. I'm sure it's rare for bikers to end up there, but now we know it can happen.

Mud and grass, concrete or cabling. I know what I would choose in any vehicle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Funny you two concentrate on the phallic portion of the post. Hmmmmm. Interesting.

Thanks for the encouragement from the others.
    We are strangers - not the angels and we didn't start the fire

Glad to hear the 6 got you out of a jam Stro. When I'm in traffic I ride constantly with the horn button covered. If someone does pull out in front of me or move into my lane without seeing me, I give a good long blast just to imprint the impression of a motorcyclist trying to get their attention. (and what a fantastic horn we have!)

I wish I had a story to tell, but glad that I don't. I hate to admit this... but my closest calls have been of my own doing, and even at that, I've been lucky and have nothing at all that stands out in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Glad to hear the 6 got you out of a jam Stro. When I'm in traffic I ride constantly with the horn button covered. If someone does pull out in front of me or move into my lane without seeing me, I give a good long blast just to imprint the impression of a motorcyclist trying to get their attention. (and what a fantastic horn we have!)
    +1
    I keep my thumb poised whenever I'm in traffic, also. And yes, we do have a great horn! If I'm not mistaken it's a hi/low two horn set similar to most cars.
    I admit I was surprised the first time I pressed that button. But I've certainly used it on more than one occasion. Kudos to Honda for giving us the horns we deserve.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"