Original tires - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Original tires

I have never exceeded 10,000 miles on any motorcycle tire, ever. I am very conscientious regarding inflation. Chip seal roads mostly, hardly any interstates, and spirited riding sometimes. I can't comprehend the tire life some report. Incidentally, I get between 35 and 45 mpg, depending

After I got home this evening, I rode my bike over to my local dealer. He's just a couple miles from my house. I went ahead and ordered a set of OEM tires. I was tempted to put Avons on for a little more, but I don't suspect I'd get any better mileage and the Bridgestones really have performed well for me other than needing tires at 8200 miles. I'm sure I could force the mileage up over 10 probably without any ill consequences.I'm going to at least get her over 9k before I take her over there to have them put on. Heck, that's just a normal weekend's riding really.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

I've recently gotten into changing my own tires; would much rather spend an hour doing it myself than in a waiting room reading last years magazines

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I've recently gotten into changing my own tires; would much rather spend an hour doing it myself than in a waiting room reading last years magazines
    I dunno. I do everything else just never really wanted to do the tires. It helps that the dealer is really just a couple of miles down the road if that.

I understand... it is convenient and cheap enough to let the dealer do it. Another reason I got into it is so I could get my TPMS sensors in and out for testing... and also because I'm an impatient bastard and hate waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by tozco View Post
    I have never exceeded 10,000 miles on any motorcycle tire, ever. I am very conscientious regarding inflation. Chip seal roads mostly, hardly any interstates, and spirited riding sometimes. I can't comprehend the tire life some report. Incidentally, I get between 35 and 45 mpg, depending
    Wow, that's crazy! I've never gotten less than about 14,000 miles on any of my bike tires. If I couldn't get 10k on a set, I think I'd be seriously looking for a better brand, too.
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    If I'm correct, that tailing 240 wide tire on your M109R has a slight negative effect on cornering! A narrow front, wide rear tire combination is great for conversation and appearance but degrades handling as the tires track differently IMHO. Not saying the M109R was a "slouch" in handling but compared to the 6 the agility of the two bikes is like night and day
    I rode a Suzuki c109r with the same tires but wider, they are great tires but the tires on the F6B handle much better than the large tires in the C109r; it's a dramatic handling performance difference! I hope my mileage is different with the F^B because I was only getting around 10,000 on the tires before they started grabbing and handling poorly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Chi Lar dura la vince" - He that endureth overcomes!!
    2015 F6B Deluxe Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    I understand... it is convenient and cheap enough to let the dealer do it. Another reason I got into it is so I could get my TPMS sensors in and out for testing... and also because I'm an impatient bastard and hate waiting.
    It is also my rational, that as long as they're treating me fairly, I wanna give them my business when I can. I went in there and told their parts guy what I could get a set for from Wingstuff. He matched it and the price for installation is not bad either. I figure I am nurturing a relationship there should anything arise that is warranty related. I asked about the Avons and actually, his price was cheaper than Wingstuff's price. The only thing was when he looked them up , the front tires showed they were on back order til near the end of May. I decided to stay with the Bridgestones. Maybe next tire change I'll look at the Avons.