Madstad - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madstad

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How much vertical travel does the Madstad shield have (for one and two up riding) ?

TIA
    I have an additional 3" from where mine is positioned for solo riding. Never raised any higher, but have to wonder at which point higher does it cease to work as designed. Talking about at which point does the airflow between the two shields become unusably disrupted with the outer shield too high, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How much vertical travel does the Madstad shield have (for one and two up riding) ?

TIA
    Hiflyers response seems right; I'd measure for you but my bike is in the shop.

I did a little experimenting last year and, IIRC, it seemed like I could move the airstream over my helmet up or down by at least the 3 inches of physical travel of the shield, but adjusting the rake angle allows the stream to be moved another inch or so. However, I didn't have a passenger when I did this testing so I can't say what the air did behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    On all M/S shields there is a 1/4 moon cut upward from the bottom of the shield, this one does not have that.
    What size is the shield? Is there any turbulence for the passenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony Deluxe View Post
    What size is the shield? Is there any turbulence for the passenger?
    I have the 11", unfortunately, since my passenger, "re: the little missus" will only go around the block, I can't tell ya.

Just curious how long did it take to receive your winshield after you ordered it? I placed a order last week Friday and still haven't heard anything from madstad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra03 View Post
    Just curious how long did it take to receive your winshield after you ordered it? I placed a order last week Friday and still haven't heard anything from madstad.
    I ordered a 13" med grey on 4/27...... On 5/1 got a shipping notice from UPS with an expected delivery date of 5/7 and two emails from Madstad that it had been shipped. I went with the 13" because the wife likes to ride with me quite often, I am a tad over 6' and have a longer than average torso for my height so I figured I would try the 13".

Quote Originally Posted by marmilia View Post
    I ordered a 13" med grey on 4/27...... On 5/1 got a shipping notice from UPS with an expected delivery date of 5/7 and two emails from Madstad that it had been shipped. I went with the 13" because the wife likes to ride with me quite often, I am a tad over 6' and have a longer than average torso for my height so I figured I would try the 13".
    That's going to work fine.

Yep !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra03 View Post
    IIRC my order took a little while to acknowledge. If you haven't heard anything by now, I'd give them a call.

Installed madstad 13" on Saturday. Install instructions are straight forward. Big improvement over stock shield by far. Never rode a bike with a shield on any bike before purchasing this standard f6b. I think I got it right the first time after reading all reviews on this site. Position of shield is going to be different for everybody because of upper body height, wind conditions, riding solo or 2 up. Also installed a smart mount back rest for the misses. Everybody is happy.