Nothing new here..................... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nothing new here.....................

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    "Only 41% of fatalities happen to riders who don't wear helmets"

No wonder it got shot down; that's not a compelling argument.
    +1

As someone who is alive today because of my helmet, just want to say thank-you to those who don't. More organ donors.

Although I agree that wearing a helmet is a good idea, there are occasions when I'm just dawdling through the neighborhood to 7-Eleven or something and I'd like to just get on the bike and go; which I do

At one time:

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Although I agree that wearing a helmet is a good idea, there are occasions when I'm just dawdling through the neighborhood to 7-Eleven or something and I'd like to just get on the bike and go; which I do
    I wouldn't ride with anyone who had an electric start, wore a helmet, or a windshield. If a person had a swing arm (shocks on a bike), I may consider talking to them but it was iffy.

Today, and hundreds of thousands more cars on the roads + the fact I ride more than 80 miles an hour and more than a few hundred mile a day, i wear a helmet and all the rest. A life's lesson for me. Do not judge or press my thoughts on others. By the way, when doing 80 on a hard tail with a desert springer with a diamond tread Firestone tire, you tell your friends you were at least doing 110. Safety factor of about 180mph.

I'm with Largo now, and time moves on.

Our lawmakers are very involved with the 2 wheel industry these days.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...6078#post76078
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Texas has been back and fourth on the helmet law. Since the late '90's, a helmet has been optional for those who have health insurance. During my Harley days, I never wore a helmet after the last law change. These days, I find myself wearing a helmet more often than not, especially in cold weather. I do, however, enjoy having a choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]