Obama is neither intelligent, nor a businessman, much less an intelligent businessman. I'd be doing well to call him a good speaker and leave it at that.

Building #7 was brought down by the heat of the twin towers, no? If Bush did it I'd certainly like to know

America sure does carry a big stick... and we used the ultimate big stick to saves the worlds ass in WWII. Further, we did so with great anguish as a last resort and we subsequently did something no other country in the world would even CONSIDER; we befriended our "enemies" and rebuilt their countries.

Since the days of WWII, IMO, our government has been a bit "over-active". Of course this is an easy charge to levy; I mean who can say the world would be better had we not been so? Maybe it would be a lot worse instead. If the question is "do some segments of the world hate America due to our government" then the answer is obviously yes... but... so what. To even consider that America is itself the problem behind 911 and our current "disagreement" with the Islamacists, is weak, for lack of a better word.

For all my bitching about an "over-active" government, the fact is that many of these acts allow us to sleep soundly at night. So before I or any of us get too deep into criticizing, I would first say thank you, and further, maintain that thankfulness as we strive to keep this country as a place worth defending.