Insurance pricing - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Insurance pricing

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    My last ticket--1986 -- 51 in a 40 zone. My last accident was 1977.

State Farm-- $104 per month
    Liberty Mutual-- $102 per month
    Allstate-- $48 per month
    Progressive-- $37 per month

I do shop around---as you can tell.
    What kind of coverage? I think I'm getting bent over.

The Gecko gives discounts for Rider Safety Courses and car/bike combo policies. They always treated me right and were priced better than Progressive for me anyways. Had a really bad experience with Allstate and wouldn't go near them again.
    ss^,
    Ken

Rider is my best . Inexpensive with many options to cover .

I find it hard to believe that anyone with an accident on their record and going with Allstate is getting insurance for under $300 per year.
    I have Allstate.
    I have no accidents or tickets and my credit is exceptional(something all insurance companies use as a major part of setting rates)
    I have full coverage with $500 deductible and mine is over $500/year.
    The original poster never says the particulars of his coverage.
    Is it covered under "home owner" policy or vehicle policy?
    What deductible?
    Full coverage?
    I am not calling anyone a liar,I am just wanting more info to compare apples to apples.
    Something just doesn't sound correct.

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I find it hard to believe that anyone with an accident on their record and going with Allstate is getting insurance for under $300 per year.
    I have Allstate.
    I have no accidents or tickets and my credit is exceptional(something all insurance companies use as a major part of setting rates)
    I have full coverage with $500 deductible and mine is over $500/year.
    The original poster never says the particulars of his coverage.
    Is it covered under "home owner" policy or vehicle policy?
    What deductible?
    Full coverage?
    I am not calling anyone a liar,I am just wanting more info to compare apples to apples.
    Something just doesn't sound correct.
    Being from New England, I know from experience that rates vary widely state to state. The south and northwest seem to score the best rates. We take it royally without even a kiss.

Post bike insurance

Just want to let you guys know in ontario canada i am paying $1242.00 per year no tickets clean driving recored this is for full coverage, we also have no fault insurance.

States make the difference. In PA, you can get "Full tort" coverage, or not.
    Full tort is more expensive.
    $600 a year through USAA's Progressive partnership.
    (no ticket since 1987; no mishaps that were not clearly the other guy's fault - ever.)
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I am 75 years old, live in Michigan, no tickets or accidents in several years, and I pay about $560 a year for coverage with State Farm...It is tied into my policies with the cars and house..I think it is $500 deductible and full coverage under the laws in Mich....I, like some others on the board, have a little difficulty in believing some of the prices I am reading on this thread...I think we are sometimes comparing "apples with oranges"...Coverage varies a lot from state to state and some companies quote you a low rate and sell you the "moon" until you try to make a claim....Then the "real truth comes out"....Check your coverage very carefully!!!....Ride safe..

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I am 75 years old, live in Michigan, no tickets or accidents in several years, and I pay about $560 a year for coverage with State Farm...It is tied into my policies with the cars and house..I think it is $500 deductible and full coverage under the laws in Mich....I, like some others on the board, have a little difficulty in believing some of the prices I am reading on this thread...I think we are sometimes comparing "apples with oranges"...Coverage varies a lot from state to state and some companies quote you a low rate and sell you the "moon" until you try to make a claim....Then the "real truth comes out"....Check your coverage very carefully!!!....Ride safe..
    It is also based on stats for accidents in your area. My son has a Ford Escape, while living in Ocala we paid $800 per year for full coverage. (22 years old). He goes to college in Jax fl. We got his new policy this week $1100 per year so I call Mercury Ins and ask why. Zip Code change, more accidents in Jax. Kind of sucks, he did nothing wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    It is also based on stats for accidents in your area. My son has a Ford Escape, while living in Ocala we paid $800 per year for full coverage. (22 years old). He goes to college in Jax fl. We got his new policy this week $1100 per year so I call Mercury Ins and ask why. Zip Code change, more accidents in Jax. Kind of sucks, he did nothing wrong!!
    It's town to town here too....the city is much more expensive than the suburbs. I live in the city, garaged it in a small town next door...my insurance co. thought I was lying and threatened me. I changed companies.