I'm Back on an F6B! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back on an F6B!

Quote Originally Posted by slather1 View Post
    I also would like your impression of the Valkyrie compared to the F6B?
    +1

Any modifications to either the F6 or the Valk? Might sway your opinion one way or the other. JUst wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Can't hide money. Nice collection there.
    With the size of the shed he'll need... there's places to stash it!

LOL thanks guys I see we haven't lost our sense of humour. Good group for sure. I work hard for sure and it's taken a long time to get here so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I should have posted pics of my Focus ST and the new F150 XLT LOL...

As for the Valk vs the F6B TOTALLY different machines. They share a motor and frame and that's about it. It's lighter, faster (as fast as the VROD i feel). I traded a 2012 VROD for the Valk and wouldn't look back for sure. The Valk is more comfy, better leg protection, as fast, way smoother and handles better. The VROD with the big 240 on the back is fun but you always feel like your forcing it to go somewhere where the Valk is effortless. With no screen it's a pretty good blast of air on the interstate but with a full face its really not bad. I think I'm going to put a small screen on it to curb a little of that.

With the traditional handlebars and single light it feels smaller than the other for sure. It really is a totally different animal to ride. Did I mention fast? Damn thing is quick. At over 150lbs lighter it moves out nicely and growls pretty good too.

Here's the thing for me. With a screen on the valk I wouldn't think twice about getting on and riding from FL to GA and all around the mountains and home again. I wouldn't dare try that on the VROD. The clamshell riding position after a bit kills my back and a good solid bump and it jams my lower spine up and then I'm all messed up for a week. The Valk feels more nimble and has a much more traditional and for me more comfortable riding position than the VROD.

Oh and the Valk is way better for a passenger. My SO would slide all over on the VROD and always felt like she was about to fall off, the Valk she almost never holds on and it's much bigger seat for both rider and passenger on the Valk. Oh and it has hand holds for the passenger and the VROD doesn't.

So hope that helps some. All 3 bikes, even though they share a frame and engine are still very different from each other when you ride them. I have Traxxion on the Wing so it's awesome but the seat position and distance to bars more upright and closer. The F6B is farther away, lower in the bike and it's a touch quicker than the wing with a throatier exhaust note, handling is normally a bit lighter on the F6B but I have Traxxion so the Wing is a monster in the corners. The Valk is lighter and faster and handles amazing. It's a cruiser so you get that exposed feeling riding it. When I want to tour or it's cold, the Wing, when I want to bomb around and have some storage or ride to work the F6B when I want to go blast around on a nice warm day the Valk!

Like they say you can never have to many toys LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post
    LOL thanks guys I see we haven't lost our sense of humour. Good group for sure. I work hard for sure and it's taken a long time to get here so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I should have posted pics of my Focus ST and the new F150 XLT LOL...

As for the Valk vs the F6B TOTALLY different machines. They share a motor and frame and that's about it. It's lighter, faster (as fast as the VROD i feel). I traded a 2012 VROD for the Valk and wouldn't look back for sure. The Valk is more comfy, better leg protection, as fast, way smoother and handles better. The VROD with the big 240 on the back is fun but you always feel like your forcing it to go somewhere where the Valk is effortless. With no screen it's a pretty good blast of air on the interstate but with a full face its really not bad. I think I'm going to put a small screen on it to curb a little of that.

With the traditional handlebars and single light it feels smaller than the other for sure. It really is a totally different animal to ride. Did I mention fast? Damn thing is quick. At over 150lbs lighter it moves out nicely and growls pretty good too.

Here's the thing for me. With a screen on the valk I wouldn't think twice about getting on and riding from FL to GA and all around the mountains and home again. I wouldn't dare try that on the VROD. The clamshell riding position after a bit kills my back and a good solid bump and it jams my lower spine up and then I'm all messed up for a week. The Valk feels more nimble and has a much more traditional and for me more comfortable riding position than the VROD.

Oh and the Valk is way better for a passenger. My SO would slide all over on the VROD and always felt like she was about to fall off, the Valk she almost never holds on and it's much bigger seat for both rider and passenger on the Valk. Oh and it has hand holds for the passenger and the VROD doesn't.

So hope that helps some. All 3 bikes, even though they share a frame and engine are still very different from each other when you ride them. I have Traxxion on the Wing so it's awesome but the seat position and distance to bars more upright and closer. The F6B is farther away, lower in the bike and it's a touch quicker than the wing with a throatier exhaust note, handling is normally a bit lighter on the F6B but I have Traxxion so the Wing is a monster in the corners. The Valk is lighter and faster and handles amazing. It's a cruiser so you get that exposed feeling riding it. When I want to tour or it's cold, the Wing, when I want to bomb around and have some storage or ride to work the F6B when I want to go blast around on a nice warm day the Valk!

Awesome mate. Ride in good health!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Hot damn... a man with all the toys... welcome aboard, er back, or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by cwjj2001 View Post
    What I like most about your setup is the SRT Banner hanging above the Mustang...lol awesome!!! Glad to have you back!!!
    Good eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Hot damn... a man with all the toys... welcome aboard, er back, or whatever

Good eye!!
    Yup for a short time I had a Black SRT8 300, 2012. It was fast and nice but mods were limited and expensive and as gorgeous as it was the interior just fell apart on me and when i put a sub in it, it rattled to pieces lol. Fun to drive though. I did the SRT track experience and it was phenomenal. All day at Road Atlanta.

Nice stable of bikes. Honda should buy you a present.
    2013 F6B in black of course

F6B v Valk

Quote Originally Posted by Wmorgan2k View Post

Yes it's the toys plus the rides and the more varied the better. I found it less expensive to have all the bikes and cars that I can drive rather than juggle wives, mistresses or whatever. You have convinced me to dump my VROD and pick up a new Valk or Moto Guzzi for those quick adrenalin fueled blasts into the hills, while keeping my F6B for overnight trips. I also ride a BMW R9T for stylin' trips to the cafe for coffee...

That's awesome. You'll love the Valk it's so much more comfy to ride. And that BMW is a sweet ride too! And yes juggling wives and mistresses is really expensive, been there done that...
    2016 Polaris Slingshot
    2015 Matte Silver F6B
    2014 GoldWing Tourer
    2014 Valkyrie F6C
    2015 Mustang GT
    2014 Focus ST3