Does Your State, Province, or Country Require... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Your State, Province, or Country Require...

Here in Manitoba you must take the MSF course too. 4 hours class time and 16 hours practical. $430 but you get $200 back if you pass. Then you must pass the road test from MPI.
    2013 F6B in black of course

If I remember right, here in Michigan it was a written test at the Sec. of State and then an actual riding test done by an independent instructor and if you passed both you got the endorsement on your license..Helps to reduce insurance costs a bit also I think....Ride safe

It's not required in TN, but taking (and passing) the MSF Class lets you skip the driving and written exams at the DMV.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    PA - no. DMV is a PITA though.
    The MSF BRC, BRC2 (formerly ERC), 3W BRC, and ARC course are free to all PA residents and out of state military.
    I failed to mention that passing a BRC or a BRC2 will result in licensing without any further DMV interaction.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I took the written test and then the riding test on my Valkyrie, no problem.

A motorcycle endorsement may be issued to Indiana residents who are at least 16 years and 180 days of age and hold a valid Indiana driver’s license.

To add a motorcycle endorsement to your Indiana driver’s license, you must provide proof you have successfully completed a Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV)-authorized Motorcycle Operator Safety Education Course OR have passed a motorcycle knowledge test based on the Indiana Motorcycle Operator's Manual, and passed a motorcycle riding skills test. You may also be required to pass a standard vision screening test. If you are less than 18 years of age when you apply for a motorcycle endorsement, you must have a parent or guardian sign an Agreement of Financial Liability.
    JAYGO