Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
That's a shame about the gen 2 300's; my gen 1 is rock solid. Glad I didn't "upgrade"

These cars, gen 1 and 2, can be modded in anyway you can dream of; not sure why you say there's not much that can be done.
The older ones are much much better for it. The new 2012 and up ECU's they are still struggling to crack and tune properly. Cams with the new VITCI valve stuff are way expensive as well. I spoke with the premier tuner and builder in Ft. Lauderdale and he was laying out prices. It was thousands. You can supercharge it of course but again 6-7k for that.

The biggest bummer was the interior. Lots of the carbon fiber bits fell off and door panels had to be replaced. The dash delaminated from the metal frame and had to be replaced and the thing had so many squeaks and rattles it drove me nuts. Beautiful car but what a pain. Then I put sub in it and that was a mistake it rattled everything in the car. No amount of dynomat seemed to help either.

For old times sake... My SRT

And the Dash getting redone at 1 week old

You can see where it came apart

But I digress....

Been tooling around and the new screen is fantastic! Also readjusted the cruise and it works like it should now!