How to lock a helmet...

Thread: How to lock a helmet...

" Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool

You can buy the helmet extensions on Winstuff for most helmets...For those proud owners of Schubert Helmets I had a few of the helmet extensions made and will send you one, while supplies last for $7.50 to your door...You will need the posts that go where the bolt goes to hold the clutch or brake...or give one to a friend and a lock... the extensions are pre-drilled for both...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cable style gun locks work great for helmets, too.

While we are on the subject of helmet locks, is there a secret to opening the key operated helmet lock on the bike? I can't get the key to turn. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    While we are on the subject of helmet locks, is there a secret to opening the key operated helmet lock on the bike? I can't get the key to turn. Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right?
    Insert the key and turn to the left. The locking pin will retract slightly, just enough to slide in the cable that comes with the bike.

Then press the pin to close and lock it.

Mine was unlocked when I got the bike and I didn't know it. I finally learned that the pin gets pressed to close it.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Insert the key and turn to the left. The locking pin will retract slightly, just enough to slide in the cable that comes with the bike.

Then press the pin to close and lock it.

Mine was unlocked when I got the bike and I didn't know it. I finally learned that the pin gets pressed to close it.

Holy crap!! Just figured out mine was already opened too! Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
    Holy crap!! Just figured out mine was already opened too! Thanks.....

Handy little lock. I just used mine for the first time this week. I might look into a longer cable, though.
    Albuquerque, NM