New Bike Break-In Secrets - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Bike Break-In Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I have found this information interesting, sounds like the guy knows what he's talking about.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
    This is excellent guideline for all and post having great explanation . Understanding and following physics is as good as gold , so read it and get rich .

I'm very lucky to have a friend that owns a shop with a dyno. I use the dyno break in procedure, and I have had very good results. Lance

I used this technique while breaking in my 2006 Honda ST 1300. It runs great and never uses oil. Planning on doing this when I pick up my F6B next week.

Like I've always done

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    "Ride it like you stoled it" from day one has been my new engine break-in procedure all my engine building life and I have built quite a few from lawn mowers & mini-bikes to super charged, blown chevs and turbo MC. I have never had a problem with the type of break-in procedures he recommends and whole heartily indorse it as the way, and is how I broke in my F6B (I hit 115 MPH with 2 miles on).
    1st gears is the breakin period after that you ride it like Big Larry says. you ride it like you stole it. If its going to break you want it to do that as soon as possible but if its been built correctly it will last your lifetime. Same thing I have done with every new engine and it hasn't failed me yet!

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post

So although a lot of us know a few things. There are a few that need help. Some people have weird ideas. Don't mean they aren't good people , they just need a little help.
    Why does Vance & Hines come to mind?