Why buy direct from the manufacturer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why buy direct from the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    With a little whining they even gave me a slight discount. Great Company.
    Why did you whine for a discount?
    The fact that the manufacturer charges more than some of their retailers, or you automatically expect a discount because they're very expensive?

I have a problem asking for a discount unless there's a legitimate reason (coupon, sale, price match, etc)

What do you do when your customers at your shop whine for a discount?

Ever try to find a "good price" on a Garmin product?
    You'll find many products are price fixed, like Apple products for example "One price fits all."

I like to support local vendors if I have the opportunity, the Michigan economy still isn't that great, lots of brick and mortar store disappeared over the past few years.

If I can support a local or even Canadian supplier I generally will. But sometimes you have to go to the source.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I will try to source out a part or item from a local retailer first. Even if the price is a little higher, I'd prefer to support local business [not big box] if possible. In the grander scheme keeping the little guy in business is better for the community, in turn better for the state, in turn better for the country. Funny, there's a thread about boots. On that note, I buy stitched leather sole boots and shoes so I can keep the shoemaker going.
    Am I old fashioned or crazy?

I just bought a Ram mount cradle for a GPS. From Ram the mount was $9.91+ $16.85 shipping. Got it at a reseller for less than the shipping price from Ram.