THANKS - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: THANKS

shooter
    Nice post 53. Makes you want to stand up and salute somebody.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    My hat goes off to all that have served, made sacrifices and paid with the ultimate price ...

Yesterday evening, regretfully the penalty box received a visitor for an undetermined amount of time.

I am a very patient, fair and tolerant person ... there comes a time when enough is enough.

This website is a brotherhood, as of late I have been extremely busy and off the website but have selected 4 great moderators to carry the torch while I am not here. The 4 moderators have graciously volunteered to keep the harmony and I am grateful.

Please feel free to send me a Private Message if you feel some one is out of line.

Please ride safe, Phantom

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I knew when I was 12, I was going in the military. I never took a college SAT test in High school. Entered the Air Force about 6 months after graduating from High School. Served from 1976-1999. This weekend I rode with about 500 bikes to Bushnell National Cemetary in Florida. I payed my respects to those that paid the ultimate price, over 100,000 headstones mark their final resting place. As I waited there in the hot Florida sun a girl scout walked up and offered me a bottle of water. I asked her why she was out there and her reply was " my grandfather is buried in section 402 and this is the least I can do to honor those who gave us this country". As long as we remember and teach those that don't understand it's not National Bar-B-Q day the lost will not be for nothing.

Attachment 14163Attachment 14164
    We buried my uncle there, 5 months ago, a highly decorated Korean War vet...also my favorite uncle !!! My father was inflicted with cancer during two tours of Vietnam and later died as a result. I, myself wore a policeman's uniform until retirement... NO ONE is more upset as to the way the original thread went...so be it. This Great Country can out live all that have tried to ruin her we can over come one sour polish emigrant.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I knew when I was 12, I was going in the military. I never took a college SAT test in High school. Entered the Air Force about 6 months after graduating from High School. Served from 1976-1999. This weekend I rode with about 500 bikes to Bushnell National Cemetary in Florida. I payed my respects to those that paid the ultimate price, over 100,000 headstones mark their final resting place. As I waited there in the hot Florida sun a girl scout walked up and offered me a bottle of water. I asked her why she was out there and her reply was " my grandfather is buried in section 402 and this is the least I can do to honor those who gave us this country". As long as we remember and teach those that don't understand it's not National Bar-B-Q day the lost will not be for nothing.

Attachment 14163Attachment 14164
    While in Florida this past winter I had the opportunity to visit the Bushnell National Cemetery. Several rider friends and I took a slow walk/ride along the manicured drive ways to observe the row upon row of Dress Right Dress placed head stones. It was a humbling and somber reminder of those who gave it all to assure us our freedoms and those of others. As adults and parents we have a obligation to our young to have them visit the sacred ground of out fallen heroes. They may get a better perspective of what Freedom really cost. A bowed head and silent prayer does wonders for the soul!

Saw this for the first time just a few moments ago......
    Trace Adkins' Arlington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOih0MHNmZU
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

...and another:

https://www.facebook.com/Chad.Warner...70940/?fref=nf

No FB membership required....

This one moved me.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Extremely touching video.
    God Bless!

Doug

Yes... I have had the honor of attending a few to many military funerals...Very sad but a very honorable way to serve!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Carry on.....

Thanks mate.

Chris