Looking for a F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a F6B

Ouch! Looks like I better not look back after today. That's worse than a car....

Quote Originally Posted by Ericb445 View Post
    I was talking to a Honda salesman that I know the other day.
    He had a guy wanting to trade is 2013 F6B standard with 6k on the clock, the dealer offered him 8 grand trade in on it
    He said the guy almost went for it... There are deals to be found out there.

Its crazy how bad the market has tanked on these awesome bikes.
    Yeah, these bikes are not investments, so the only way to get your money out of them is in sheer fun factor. You got to ride ride ride them.

That dealer is definitely low balling him, but when dealers still have brand new 13s they can get to sell, I wouldn't expect a whole lot more. Trade in values always suck.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

It is a shame this great bike's retail/trade-in value has "tanked" so badly..In years past I always managed to get a fairly decent trade or sale when buying a new bike...It is apparently obvious that this bike is not selling anywhere like Honda had hoped, so the bottom fell out...As I am now 75 yrs old trading often is no longer of much interest to me, thank heavens, or I would really take a bath...Plan on keeping my 2013 Deluxe for a long while as with the custom paint, pipes, seat, windshield, and lots of other "chrome goodies" I got a lot of cash tied up and NO way would I sell it for what the prices are today......Besides I really love the thing and in my opinion there is nothing out there, as yet, I would consider riding.....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Ouch! Looks like I better not look back after today. That's worse than a car....
    Post some pics of your new bike today !

[QUOTE=Ericb445;80595]I was talking to a Honda salesman that I know the other day.
    He had a guy wanting to trade is 2013 F6B standard with 6k on the clock, the dealer offered him 8 grand trade in on it

That's an insult !

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yeah, these bikes are not investments, so the only way to get your money out of them is in sheer fun factor. You got to ride ride ride them.
    You said that right, Jimmytee Worst experience with this truism for me was my Rocket III. After investing around 22K including accessories and go fast stuff, I wound up selling it after two years, in perfect, like-new, low mileage, condition for 11K. Ouch!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control? Anyway, enough of that. I'm willing to pay a little more to have this badass space ship in my garage. Girlfriend loves the back seat. She's used to riding on a BMW RT. The new bagger will be added to my current stable of seven. Need to thin the herd I think. Anyone looking for a super clean VFR800? Ha!

Welcome Mick. Enjoy your toy!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by micksak View Post
    Hello all. This is my first post on this forum. Just put a deposit on a new '15 Deluxe matte silver yesterday! Will be delivered next week. I'm in the Spokane area and did a lot of price research. Best price anywhere appears to Russellville AK. $17985 for a '15 deluxe. Not bad. Was considering it but decided to buy local for $19669 which is invoice less the current $500 Honda BB incentive. After calculating the cost of a flight to AK and a 2000 mile ride with hotels and such, not to mention the time, wear and tear on the machine from an exciting ride through Kansas, it just wasn't worth it to me. I almost never buy new, but I passed on a number of 2013 standards for cheap. Honda really shot themselves in the foot developing this bike. Bad R&D. Went overboard stripping down the wing. I mean who wants a bike like this without cruise control?
    I want a bike like this without cruise control. Who wants a bike without a shiney paint job? If your worried about the wear and tear of a little old cross country trip thru Kansas, you don't know much about this bike. I think your whole thought process is wrong. Bad R&D? Dude......really?

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I want a bike like this without cruise control. Who wants a bike without a shiney paint job? If your worried about the wear and tear of a little old cross country trip thru Kansas, you don't know much about this bike. I think your whole thought process is wrong. Bad R&D? Dude......really?
    Wow. First post and I get flamed. Thanks! In case you hadn't noticed, Honda has gotten scorched on this F6B project in spite of how great the bike is. The devil is in the details. There is a reason why almost every Honda dealer has at least one and in many cases multiple leftover 2013s, brand new, that they can't seem to give away. There is also a reason why they added cruise to the 2015 model. Think about it on your flat straight prairie rides and come visit me in the Pacific Northwest!