Had a brother go down today - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a brother go down today

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Glad to hear he will be alright. Man has got know his limitations.

Last night coming home in my cage from a HS graduation in a pouring rain, at dark on a 5 wide highway just north of Houston, I am doing 65 in the far left lane. Told the wife to hang on because you are not going to believe what is fixing to pass us. Coming about 75-80 right next to me is a HD dude, no helmet tucked behind his windscreen. I have no idea how he was capable of driving. The wife was becoming ill she was so scared for the guy. Another minute passes and a 883, no windscreen comes flying past us doing 85-90. He had a brain bucket. I have never realized brazen idiocy on a motorcycle like this. I can only figure they robbed a bank. Scary stuff.

Best of luck to your friend, lesson painfully learned. I only try to impress my wife, and it never works, so I quit.
    I have had crotch rockets pass me doing triple digits (LANE SPLITTING) on packed 8 lane highways easily going 50 MPH faster than traffic. If any cages would have wandered in their lanes, their remains would have been spread out for a half a mile.

Sorry to hear about that Jimmy. I lead a lot of group rides for HOG, Legion Riders and at one time CVMA (I quit a few years ago) so I know how you feel. I always feel responsible for everyone and if something goes wrong I take it to heart.

I wish your brother a speedy recovery and a good insurance payoff for a new bike when he's ready.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Prayers going out for your friend Jimmy and for all you guys as we head into this riding season. I've been (cage)driving a bunch this last week and I've noticed a BUNCH of people driving terrible in the rain. Especially down in Houston. Be careful guys!

Whoa Jimmy, bad stuff man.

When I see someone and I think they're riding a bit beyond their abilities, I always back down. When they see me in the far far distance in their rear view mirror, they get the idea to slow down and "wait" for me.

Man, sorry to hear that Jimmy.
    As we all know, it does take several years to get that counter steering adjustment correct.

Prayer to your Brother for a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

Whoa Jimmy, bad stuff man.

When I see someone and I think they're riding a bit beyond their abilities, I always back down. When they see me in the far far distance in their rear view mirror, they get the idea to slow down and "wait" for me.
    Yeah I wish I had the time for that, but those turns were in quick succession from one into the next. It happened rather quickly, but watching him go down still replays in slow motion.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Don't let it haunt you buddy; stuff out of our control happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yeah I wish I had the time for that, but those turns were in quick succession from one into the next. It happened rather quickly, but watching him go down still replays in slow motion.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and well wishes.
    Glad he's alright Jimmy and will make a full recovery. If the teasing & ribbing's are the only lasting effect, he can consider himself lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post

Don't let it haunt you buddy; stuff out of our control happens all the time.
    It won't haunt me, just funny how your brain works with slow motion recall .
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"