How do you run a Garmin cable out of left pocket to a ball mount? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you run a Garmin cable out of left pocket to a ball mount?

Some power cords have an antenna .................

Built into them and removing the cigarette lighter plug off renders it useless PLUS they are expensive you want to leave the power cord in each vehicle you use the GPS in.
    If I am going to be on a couple day ride I plug into the outlet in the pocket, notch the raised "lip" of the pocket not the gasket, route the power cord close to the upper triple tree and up the left handlebar for a temporary solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Come from the battery, up to the cubby...either side you want...come up the tunnel under the handle bars and place your GPS holder/mount...on the side you want it... now that I have had the bike for a while....I would say the rights side...the left side leave for your phone so your free hand can search and make calls....if you can get a locking mount, you insurance should replaced the GPS if it goes missing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    Everyone has there own way of mounting their GPS. But for the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to have a line running from a stationary point of a bike to your handle bar. IMHO I think that is dangerous. I ran my line from the accessory screws that Honda provided us in the fuse box, under some of the bodywork and then up the handlebar. This way when you shut down your F6B the power to your GPS is shut down also. Safe and logical.

We are saying the same thing...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

MikeF6B
    Thanks for all the great ideas F6B Riders! You have given me a lot to think about!

My Garmin is mounted on a ram ball mount that is bolted right on top of my center cubby storage. I removed the left hand compartment, wired in my 12V Garmin power cord to the wires that go to my "in compartment" 12V socket. Than I ran the power cord to the Garmin through the same slot that my helmet/audio/intercom plug come out of. Both cords will fit in the slot with a little pressure. Reinstalled the left hand compartment and I am good to go. I can unplug the cord from the back of the Garmin and simple lock the GPS in my bags when I have to leave the bike out.

I just installed a nuvi 660LM. I ran the harness through the conduit on the handlebars (it does fit nice) hugging the brake lines, then up and over the bars going to the left of the frame. Then there is an opening to get the wires just under the left compartment. I then hardwired to the 12V line that feeds the cig adapter in the left compartment.

Same as Mastergunny

On a ram mount centered on cubby, but ran the power from the fuse box screwed in Acc .
    Garmin cord is a bit smaller than mic plug and slides right in behind, coming out next to it. Then stays warped around mic plug when gps is not used.Attachment 14548Attachment 14549