should you meet forum members before setting up rides with them? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should you meet forum members before setting up rides with them?

Flat6, not stealing your thread. Hopefully adding to the content. When you meet another man and you go to shake hands, do you touch chests and semi-hug? Cause I don't. I am old school and figure the handshake is sufficient enough as long as there isn't a dead fish on the other hand. Curious where that new take on man love came from.

Just like when golfers finish a round, why do they take their caps off when they shake hands? Is the cap an insult? If so then for the last 4 hours you have been wearing an insult?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post

You guys crack me up!
    This forum is better than Larry the cable guy, Ron white, Jeff Foxworthy, and Bill Envall all rolled into one.

95% of my riding is solo. I prefer not to ride in groups because you just can't guess what they might do. This week I am on a solo cross country trip. Yesterday I started my 800 mile day at 10pm. The first 200 miles I ran close to 100mph. I stopped when I needed to and didn't have to guess if someone had to stop. It just so much easier running alone.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

shooter
    53 I didn't mean to offend you brother. I'm sure you have earned the right. Actually didn't know you were a marine. I'm just worried about Stro. He's kinda delicate. And Doug when we meet up later this year I will have my wife with me. I usually manage to be on my best behavior. Oh by the way just FYI. I don't drink , don't smoke , I'm the guy that usually exceeds the speed limit. I never over ride the situation. From time to time I like to crank it up. Never two up. If its a back road I might roll the stop. I like the twisties. When in a group I ride to the groups level. I can lead or I can follow. I like to lead. Most of all I just like to have fun.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    95% of my riding is solo. I prefer not to ride in groups because you just can't guess what they might do. This week I am on a solo cross country trip. Yesterday I started my 800 mile day at 10pm. The first 200 miles I ran close to 100mph. I stopped when I needed to and didn't have to guess if someone had to stop. It just so much easier running alone.
    Zeus I have a brother in law that thinks and rides exactly like I do. I never have to wonder am I going too fast or does he need to use the bathroom. He is the perfect riding partner.

Way way to in-depth for me...I get the riding thing but other that that...I give EVERYONE I meet 100% of my respect...I leave it up to that person to subtract from that figure...

If anyone wants or cares to know about me...it's easy...ZERO BULLSHIT, thats me... I like everyone I meet and after a while most like me, some don't and thats OK... just have the balls to say it to my face ... short of that, I am a kind,loving person who wants to bring joy to the world.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    53 I didn't mean to offend you brother. Don't think you did. It's part of the creed and they aren't bothered letting you know it. I'm sure you have earned the right.YEPPERS Actually didn't know you were a marine. I'm just worried about Stro. He's kinda delicate.
    Thanks for noticing sunshine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Way way to in-depth for me...I get the riding thing but other that that...I give EVERYONE I meet 100% of my respect...I leave it up to that person to subtract from that figure...

If anyone wants or cares to know about me...it's easy...ZERO BULLSHIT, thats me... I like everyone I meet and after a while most like me, some don't and thats OK... just have the balls to say it to my face ... short of that, I am a kind,loving person who wants to bring joy to the world.....
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    53 I didn't mean to offend you brother. I'm sure you have earned the right. Actually didn't know you were a Marine. I'm just worried about Stro. He's kinda delicate....Most of all I just like to have fun.
    No worries mate. It's all good.
    Stro is a brother from my home state of Texas....I'm not worried that I'll have to do some of that "Show Me" state stuff to gain his respect.
    I'm sure our first handshake will set the tone - and it'll all be great!

Like you wrote, it's all about having fun!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

It's not eHarmony, anyone who rides an F6B is OK in my book.