Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B. - Page 16

View Poll Results: What Slip-ons are on your F6B?

Voters
525. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cobra

85 16.19%
  • Vance & Hines

24 4.57%
  • Rush

38 7.24%
  • Bassani

11 2.10%
  • Torque Master

16 3.05%
  • Stock

326 62.10%
  • other (do tell)

24 4.57%
  • with Torque Loops

15 2.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Slip-Ons Poll, What Is Current On Your F6B.

shooter
    No George I'm really not. If its up to me or on my dime I'm not interested. Its not rocket science. More air in , more air out , more fuel. Timing advance and better fuel helps also. You're problem is that you aren't willing to admit that a multimillion dollar company that has spent decades researching and developing a product to the highest standards can actually build a product that makes our bikes more efficient and powerful. Although they have the best engineers and R&D people along with possibly the best testing facility available. I've seen stubborn before , but not of this magnitude. Continue to be a non believer. I don't care. Just don't put words in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    No George I'm really not. If its up to me or on my dime I'm not interested. Its not rocket science. More air in , more air out , more fuel. Timing advance and better fuel helps also. You're problem is that you aren't willing to admit that a multimillion dollar company that has spent decades researching and developing a product to the highest standards can actually build a product that makes our bikes more efficient and powerful. Although they have the best engineers and R&D people along with possibly the best testing facility available. I've seen stubborn before , but not of this magnitude. Continue to be a non believer. I don't care. Just don't put words in my mouth.
    Sorry Shooter. I hope a reasonable person would see that as a joke and nothing more; I'll edit that post to make it clear. Happy now?

Let's watch the replies here: http://www.lxforums.com/board/showth...y-Check-Please

shooter
    And thats biased George because Joe Blow off the street is telling the world that they are no good. Chances are , and I mean a very good chance he knows even less than you or I. And I'm not claiming to be an expert , only deferring to a knowledgeable company. It don't matter buddy. They cost a little more but they don't drone. They look great , sound great and perform well. Mission accomplished.

I put a lot of faith in reports from knowledgable and trustworthy people. I trust V & H as a company. They've been around a long time and have had their exhaust systems on most winning drag bikes. If money was no object, I'd have a set of their slip-ons installed long ago. But sadly spending $1200 Cdn with taxes is not in my cards. But seeing George and Shooter debate this subject reminds me of some other topics that are dear to my heart. Too bad Smith & Wesson doesn't make mufflers 🔫

Well that's true, the video is biased... but I tried asking the question without bias.

Is V&H gonna be at the Rally? I really need to have sit-down with these folks and see what they can say. I could very well be wrong my friend... but I'd need lots of charts, graphs, and pictures to understand

HA! Please don't go there again Terry

Cobra model 1216?

For those of you who have chosen Cobra, please clarify something for me. Do you have the 6 into 2 into 6 pipes or do any of you have what I think is the discontinued single outlet (3 into 1)?

On Cobra website they have model 1216, but with no pictures, nor can I find any on Google except for one very small poor quality photo of an older Goldwing. Is this pipe still made and does it fit a F6B?

I like the looks (closest to stock look).

I would be interested and prefer these over the 6 outlets.

Regarding the youtube video with truck stacks... was this a stock system from Cobra or did this owner weld his own extended tips on a Cobra system?

Rush Racing 2 1/2" baffles, Black with Milled Aluminum end Caps, The only way to go.....................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Anyone get a set of two siblings yet? Im real interested to hear if they drone, or if they are obnoxiously loud.
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

Quote Originally Posted by co425 View Post
    Anyone get a set of two siblings yet? Im real interested to hear if they drone, or if they are obnoxiously loud.
    Yes, I just installed the Two Brothers pipes. I made a video comparing the TBR pipes and the 2014 stock pipes.

https://youtu.be/lrg-caRg130
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]