It's Here - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Here

So as it turns out, was it Mother Honda's master plan to over supply 2013 and 2014 bikes in order to make purchases more attractive to late buyers?

That's my story... but I may not be sticking to it.

update

It's a good thing I checked. The trailer I rented is too small for this massive beast I bought. I rented a 5x8 trailer to bring my bike home from Wisconsin and this beast will not fit in it. When I rented the trailer the said it was for a full size bike, I told them it was for a Goldwing, they said ya it will fit. I called the dealer where I bought the bike, finalizing some details to pick it up on Thursday. So I ask him how long is this bike and he said it is 99.1 inches,it won't fit in the trailer I rented. So now I have to wait until the 24th to pick it up, when the next available trailer is available. This sucks. The only good thing is that it's suppose to rain on and off all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    It's a good thing I checked. The trailer I rented is too small for this massive beast I bought. I rented a 5x8 trailer to bring my bike home from Wisconsin and this beast will not fit in it. When I rented the trailer the said it was for a full size bike, I told them it was for a Goldwing, they said ya it will fit. I called the dealer where I bought the bike, finalizing some details to pick it up on Thursday. So I ask him how long is this bike and he said it is 99.1 inches,it won't fit in the trailer I rented. So now I have to wait until the 24th to pick it up, when the next available trailer is available. This sucks. The only good thing is that it's suppose to rain on and off all week.
    Catch a ride up to the dealer and ride it home ! Save the money on the trailer rental.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Catch a ride up to the dealer and ride it home ! Save the money on the trailer rental.
    I would, but the bike won't be licensed or titled. I purchased the bike out of state. I also haven't rode in 4 years and what I did ride was an Electra Glide which doesn't have a fixed fairing. I would like to get familiar with the bike before I jump on the interstate for 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I would, but the bike won't be licensed or titled. I purchased the bike out of state. I also haven't rode in 4 years and what I did ride was an Electra Glide which doesn't have a fixed fairing. I would like to get familiar with the bike before I jump on the interstate for 3 hours.
    There should be some sort of ride-off license between Wisconsin and Illinois.

Also, I am sure you could get a few volunteers for delivery. I bought mine 400 miles away and the salesman offered to deliver it to my house on his day off (without a trailer). Going from a fork mounted fairing to a frame mounted fairing should not be an issue for you. The wind goes into the frame, not the handlebars.

When I would switch between an Ultra and the Vision, the biggest thing for me was 2 versus 1 turn signals and the feeling of sitting on the handlebars versus sitting on the back seat.

Enjoy and be safe.