Paint on the '15 Grey F6B?

Thread: Paint on the '15 Grey F6B?

Paint on the '15 Grey F6B?

Any reports of paint problems on the GREY F6B Deluxe for the '15 model year? I've read a lot here about problems with previous years and red and black models.....What's your experience? Has this all been exaggerated?

No problems with my Matte Grey. Did you get the blue? I give my 6 a gentle wash with warm water, using a micro-fiber cloth, and also dry with a micro-fiber cloth. I have not used any cleaning or polishing agents on the bike. Still looks new now, with 7000 plus. I have heard the same paint stories that you did, but I can't complain about my 2015.

John

No issues with the matte finish either. I'm still adjusting to paint without clear coat but I'm liking it so far. I use Chemical Guys Matte Detailer & Sealant.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysander View Post
    Any reports of paint problems on the GREY F6B Deluxe for the '15 model year? I've read a lot here about problems with previous years and red and black models.....What's your experience? Has this all been exaggerated?
    My paint problem has definitely not been exaggerated. When you can lean against it with a pant leg and put the material pattern in the paint, something is definitely wrong with the paint. I've had many Bikes in my 35 years of riding and the Black Paint on the 2013 F6B is crap! No Exaggeration..................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

No paint issues so far. I clean my bikes with meguiers quick detailer. Works great!
    My other baby!
    [IMG] photo sigpic574691_2.gif_zpsrp7xvnxu.jpeg[/IMG]
    1974 F250 4X4 Cummins 12v, NV4500 , np205, Dana 60 Front, GM 14 bolt rear.
    Cummins swap/truck upgrade thread http://m.ford-trucks.com/forums/show....php?t=1181279

I've had the matte grey for only 4 months. On the ride home from purchasing the bike is when it hit me that I couldn't wax the paint. I just put over 1600 miles last week on a trip; rode up to the California central coast, to San Simeon, Monterey, Yosemite, Bass Lake, Mammoth and back. The front of the bike looked like a bug war zone. Washed the bike when I got back with "Meticulous Matte" auto wash made for satin/matte finish paint. The bike now has 4,000 miles and paint still looks new/great. No complaints here.

Been out in the Florida Sun so far, battled a few bugs so far and just washed it with plain Dawn Dishwashing Soap with Microfiber cloth and looking good.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......

Thumbs up Me 2..

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    My paint problem has definitely not been exaggerated. When you can lean against it with a pant leg and put the material pattern in the paint, something is definitely wrong with the paint. I've had many Bikes in my 35 years of riding and the Black Paint on the 2013 F6B is crap! No Exaggeration..................Dickie
    I second that Dickie, still trying to sort the crap paint on my bike.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"