My first tank of fuel. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first tank of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    you guys still get non ethanol fuel on the east coast? On the west coast I haven't seen any in years!
    So-called "pure" gas is available at a few stations here in NC. I haven't checked the price lately but I'm pretty sure it's significantly more expensive than the ethanol blends. AFAIK, it's only offered in 93 octane.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I only got 30 mpg, what am I doing wrong.
    Greg, have faith I find most jap bikes are " cookie cutters" ie they are all alike for the most part. Guys here will report all different results with mpg but when ridden side-by-side, same trip, same speed, same wind, they will be within 1 mpg. I got 40 mpg my last tank running 75-78 mph I had 203 miles on the tank and it held 4.98 gal. My bike only has 3,000 miles bought this year was a left over 13. Having said all this IF you stick a big ole windshield on these bikes it will drop the mileage a lot. My shield is a CB 13" with a vent and I have Baker hand wings below the mirrors installed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

19" Baggershield windshield with Baker hand wings and my big Ol 6'5" 385 lb body in the wind at 75mph and she gets 40-44mpg since new on regular grade gas.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    19" Baggershield windshield with Baker hand wings and my big Ol 6'5" 385 lb body in the wind at 75mph and she gets 40-44mpg since new on regular grade gas.
    Here again this post shows different conditions will skew the data. Dayton, NV shows an elevation of around 4400 ft. Higher altitude will enhance fuel mileage in gasoline engines. You take your bike run it at Midwest elevation 500-700 above sea level and I think you will see a drop in fuel mileage of at least 10-15%. I once owned a BMW R1150RT which got 45 mpg tank after tank the way I rode it in the Midwest. On a trip to NM and in CO it jumped to 55-58mpg. Once back into the Midwest it was back to 45mpg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)

Have you finished your second tank of gas yet? It's been two days, what's the freakin hold up? Get out there and ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    Here again this post shows different conditions will skew the data. Dayton, NV shows an elevation of around 4400 ft. Higher altitude will enhance fuel mileage in gasoline engines. You take your bike run it at Midwest elevation 500-700 above sea level and I think you will see a drop in fuel mileage of at least 10-15%. I once owned a BMW R1150RT which got 45 mpg tank after tank the way I rode it in the Midwest. On a trip to NM and in CO it jumped to 55-58mpg. Once back into the Midwest it was back to 45mpg.
    Sorry to burst your bubble Doug but I grew up near San Francisco CA which is at sea level and I still have all my family down there-so my F6B has been down there many times.I get the same MPG there as I do up here which by the way is 4900ft elevation.I also ride up to passes here above Tahoe that can take me to 9000ft elevations and low and behold I get the same 40-44 mpg up there.Only thing that changes my burn rate is higher speed or headwinds.Computor run fuel injected bikes or cars are not like the old days with carbs that is why they run so well in most any condition.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble Doug but I grew up near San Francisco CA which is at sea level and I still have all my family down there-so my F6B has been down there many times.I get the same MPG there as I do up here which by the way is 4900ft elevation.I also ride up to passes here above Tahoe that can take me to 9000ft elevations and low and behold I get the same 40-44 mpg up there.Only thing that changes my burn rate is higher speed or headwinds.Computor run fuel injected bikes or cars are not like the old days with carbs that is why they run so well in most any condition.
    I guess you just have a special F6b
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Have you finished your second tank of gas yet? It's been two days, what's the freakin hold up? Get out there and ride.

Yep! What he said.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Doug44 View Post
    I guess you just have a special F6b
    Nothing special Doug just good ol technology.That's why modern cars also don't recognize a differnt way to run at higher or lower altitudes.3K oil changes,carbs,points and drum brakes are a thing of the past that I do not miss at all.

I got a little over 1500 miles in my first month and I haven't even checked it yet. Fill her up when she gets low and keep riding. We have all grades of "real" gas 87, 89 and 91; here in Oklahoma. Plus Obama didn't win one county in our great state.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.