Another bike down
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another bike down

Another bike down

Scenario to be careful of while riding.....Good friend on an M109 had to drop his bike at 50 mph yesterday. Front car decided to make a u-turn 4 cars in front of him. Everyone jacked up, van directly in front of him hit the car ahead of it...he had to lay it down or hit also. Broken ribs and road rash. Basically, just have to be as careful as possible.

Those Cager have no clue

I came over a hill the other day to find one of those moron making a U turn just over the crest of the hill, WTF is wrong with these people. If he had come over the top of the hill there was a perfectly good place to pull off and turn the car around about a 1/4 mile off the hill. It like they just quit thinking when they get in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I came over a hill the other day to find one of those moron making a U turn just over the crest of the hill, WTF is wrong with these people. If he had come over the top of the hill there was a perfectly good place to pull off and turn the car around about a 1/4 mile off the hill. It like they just quit thinking when they get in the car.
    Maybe you saw the post. I rode with him all the time when I had a bike. He'll ride again...needs to check the damage though. They get panicky like there's no other way to go besides right there and then. He was on a 4 lane highway. All they had to do was go to the next turn around.

shooter
    Drivers don't think about the consequences when they act. Its me me me. One of these days I'm gonna go postal on one of these pricks. Disclaimer: no drivers were actually harmed during this rant. Shooter was merely thinking out loud and would never harm a dumbass cager.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Drivers don't think about the consequences when they act. Its me me me. One of these days I'm gonna go postal on one of these pricks. Disclaimer: no drivers were actually harmed during this rant. Shooter was merely thinking out loud and would never harm a dumbass cager.

+1 and everything else in life also!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Sounds like a loose cannon to me!

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Sounds like a loose cannon to me!

Yea---glad he don't carry a gun!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reversable Lane

The main road to my house has a lane that reverses directions during the morning and evening rush hour and is a left turn lane at all other times. The signs show either a green arrow in the direction of travel, two arrows for the turn lane, or a BIG RED X that means don't use the lane in this direction. I don't know how many times I have come over the one slight hill to find some yahoo making a left turn in what is now a travel lane. The road has been like this for 15 years and they still can't figure it out.

I live in Mass., the roads are antiquated and not built for the traffic we have today...it's a big problem.

We just have a lot of idiot drivers in the PRK (many without driver training or licenses).

The other day I was going around a 90 degree blind corner on a 2 lane road only to come nose-2-nose with a female cager (in the wrong lane) who was attempting to pass on the blind corner. Sunday, I was doing a group ride when a cager decides he was going to change 2 lanes left though the middle of the group formation of touring bikes. After almost side-swiping 2 bikes on his way through the formation, he enters the 3rd fast lane and then slows down to slower than the slow lane and stays there blocking all of the fast traffic behind him. I guess I should take Larry's advice about keeping some ball bearings in the pocket.