Dragon here I come! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dragon here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    No worries. I didn't make it up there until Sunday anyway. Ended up on the Harley. (the F6B is in Colorado) Sure was different then the Rune and I'm sure the F6 as well. Still fun, but you have to no when enough is enough with the Street Glide where as the Honda's feel like they will go anywhere you point them.

Attachment 15298
    Cool man!

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by NoleRider View Post
    I never actually drug a peg, but I drug the sole of my boot a bunch.
    A tip from Big Dawg that has helped me a lot...when riding aggressively through the twisties, get your toes on the pegs. Still, you may drag the outside edges of your soles but hopefully, not the bottoms .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    A tip from Big Dawg that has helped me a lot...when riding aggressively through the twisties, get your toes on the pegs. Still, you may drag the outside edges of your soles but hopefully, not the bottoms .
    Yeah, that first time the bottom of my toe was dragging was a definite Oh s**t moment! I was expecting the pegs to drag, but not my shoes. Coming from a forward controls bike, I never had that to worry about in the past. Was glad I opted for jeans & boots rather than shorts & crocs.

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

I guess I am one of the few that just has no interest whatsoever in doing the dragon.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I guess I am one of the few that just has no interest whatsoever in doing the dragon.

Doug
    It's only about 6 hours from you and even if you don't want to ride the dragon there are some of the most beautiful and scenic roads for motorcycling in the country!

it is over 9 hours from Lexington,Il.
    That is no problem.
    I know the roads are awesome down there.
    I was just saying the Dragon itself I have no interest in riding.

Doug

Just because...here are 2 more pics of us on the Dragon. My wife was terrified before we rode it, after seeing the segment on the show Hell Roads, where they scare you into thinking you're almost guaranteed to crash if you dare to ride it. As you can see though, she was good to go once we were on it...no hands even. Videoing with one hand, waving to the camera with the other.
    Attachment 15333Attachment 15334

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    it is over 9 hours from Lexington,Il.
    That is no problem.
    I know the roads are awesome down there.
    I was just saying the Dragon itself I have no interest in riding.

Doug
    I did it last year on my VTX 1300 with my club, the rides leading up to the dragon were really fun but to be honest the dragon wasn't that spectacular. Fun ride and a check box on things to must do but the fun in the roads around the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skhunt View Post
    I did it last year on my VTX 1300 with my club, the rides leading up to the dragon were really fun but to be honest the dragon wasn't that spectacular. Fun ride and a check box on things to must do but the fun in the roads around the dragon.
    Agree totally. Did it couple of times and checked that box. Find me on the Cherohala! That alone is worth the trip.