Texting while riding - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Texting while riding

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am guilty here...although I use voice commands to send texts and activate the phone to make calls...still a distraction...Flame on !!!
    Save a biker........Open your f-ing eyes!! (and get off your phone)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Texting is not necessarily the problem.

Distracted Driving is the problem.

With my scalarider, I text while riding. I check my text, send text and do a host of other things...

(it is all hands free, my texts are read to me and come thru my helmet speaker, I give voice commands and speak my return texts, No biggy. My eyes are on the road).

That being said, My F6B is the FIRST of nearly 30 motorcycles I owned that has a stereo, radio, mp3 player, weatherband, digital trips, thermometer, Gps, speed control, retractable road pegs, and a phone.... I've run up on vehicles not paying attention to the road, while trying to calculate how many miles i'm gonna get out of this tank of fuel...

I had ppl rail on me when I say that occasionally, I ride without a helmet. But when I ride without a helmet, I dont have incoming calls & texts. I dont have alerts from my gps, and I ride without the radio... (I'd venture to say that my riding is safer without the helmet, I'm more aware, reserved, less aggressive, and generally slower....)(I'm not telling you to ride without a helmet, just saying MY personal riding style changes dramatically with it).

Honda makes this motorcycle with plenty of distractions to start with, maybe we should try to remember how we enjoyed the ride before we had all this stuff, keep our eyes on the road & just ride.

I have these same thoughts as I take my 3 kids to florida in the minivan each year. That is serious distracted driving.

also little sympathy here for the tard who was pecking out a text on the Interstate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

+ 1
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I am guilty here...although I use voice commands to send texts and activate the phone to make calls...still a distraction...Flame on !!!
    Man's got to know his limitations.
    In my world, everything can wait.
    All "Op-Immediate" stuff left a long time ago.
    If no one is shooting at me, there is nothing more important than my ride.
    And I like it that way.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Yep hands free or nothing at all as far as the phone goes.

Plus 1 on all the responses that ignore the phone and all the other things that would distract me.I use an Ipod so don't have to worry much bout that part of it. I wear my phone on my belt and when it rings I get the vibration of it.
    No way am I going to look at it or anything else.
    I maintain contact with my children and I let everyone know if you need me,don't text.If you really need me keep calling in a row and I will pull over .
    I do the same thing,check phone at gas stops,if not important I ignore and not even call back. My time on the bike is to get away from it all,I refuse to acknowledge the rest .
    Even changing songs on the Ipod,I have to focus to get my fingers to the button,just embarrassed my self - thought I was going for the next song and blew the horn.So much for graceful exits.
    No distractions,when I'm traveling I check my route at gas or rest stops not while I'm riding.If I think I made a mistake,missed a turn or wrong exit stop and review. Dont want all that 'stuff hanging on my bars.
    Keep in mind 60 MPH is 88 feet per second...

shooter
    You guys are riding too slow. Pick up the pace and you can't think of grabbing anything but the clutch and the brake. No time for phones and mp3 players when the pegs are scraping.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    You guys are riding too slow. Pick up the pace and you can't think of grabbing anything but the clutch and the brake. No time for phones and mp3 players when the pegs are scraping.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Make the fines really high and enforce them. As a cdl truck driver if I was to get caught texting while driving a rig the fines would be 3000+dollars in PA it's 100bucks for people in there cars. I would never text and drive. I see it everyday to and from on the pa turnpike. People texting and driving and all over the road. It's really hard to feel bad for a guy texting and riding his bike who wrecked and died. Just glad he killed himself and nobody else

Ours is currently 400... Doesn't stop em..
    They wave the phone at me, "I'm on hands free!",
    then I ask, "what hand are you holding it in?"

They wave the phone at me and say "this one! And it's on speaker too!"

You can't fix stupid.

😬