Newbie Intro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Intro

Newbie Intro

Just wanted to be sure to drop a couple lines here before crashing the party...Live in Central Missouri, I'm on the shorter side, and now a owner of a new 2013 (stretch..and reach...tug...and pull, but got a good deal on a 2 year old bike with full warranty & new battery), Jet Black F6B standard, and coming from a Yamaha Stratoliner 1900 (BTW, a great bike, best Vee Twin that I could find), then a VTX1300 before that (another nice, but smaller bike), and before that, and long pause from bikes for 20 years...taking me back to a Yamaha 550 Vision, Yamaha Maxim 650, a Honda 750 Sabre, and my first bike...a Honda Cx500.

I haven't yet rode my FB6 other than park it (but Plan to this weekend), and have already checked the rear final oil (its low too) I still have the Stratoliner 1900, but plan to let it go as I don't have the time or space to keep two bikes (Its listed on Craigslist Springfield Mo) . Couple things I thinking about is the windshield and audio sound/power, backrest for my sweetheart. I look forward to the entertainment here, and on the road with the Bat Bike..

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Just wanted to be sure to drop a couple lines here before crashing the party...Live in Central Missouri, I'm on the shorter side, and now a owner of a new 2013 (stretch..and reach...tug...and pull, but got a good deal on a 2 year old bike with full warranty & new battery),then a VTX1300 before that (another nice, but smaller bike), and before that, and long pause from bikes for 20 years...taking me back to a Yamaha 550 Vision, Yamaha Maxim 650, a Honda 750 Sabre, and my first bike...a Honda Cx500.

I haven't yet rode my FB6 other than park it (but Plan to this weekend), and have already checked the rear final oil (its low too) I still have the Stratoliner 1900, but plan to let it go as I don't have the time or space to keep two bikes (Its listed on Craigslist Springfield Mo) . Couple things I thinking
    [/url]
    OK let's get something straight right here and now....you are in with a very sophisticated crowd. We see you had your lil girly 550, 650, 750 days but you are with the big boys now, the 1800hunded guys, the cool walkers and straight talkers, and we don't drive no damn FB6.

So fix it and let's get to riding.

By the way...big welcome from TEXAS, sorry to hear you reside in the boundaries of shooter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Welcome from Oklahoma, your gonna love this bike. My first street bike was a V45 Sabre, there was a bike ahead of it's time.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    OK let's get something straight right here and now....you are in with a very sophisticated crowd. We see you had your lil girly 550, 650, 750 days but you are with the big boys now, the 1800hunded guys, the cool walkers and straight talkers, and we don't drive no damn FB6.

So fix it and let's get to riding.

By the way...big welcome from TEXAS, sorry to hear you reside in the boundaries of shooter.
    Open with a Big Bang there Mr Tex, I forgot to mention my horse passion (and had to go back and edit)

Thanks bud

from soggy Tampa, Fl. Tradition calls for you to post a pic! Cuz
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by okiedoc View Post
    Welcome from Oklahoma, your gonna love this bike. My first street bike was a V45 Sabre, there was a bike ahead of it's time.

Yes, you're right...It was called the V45 Sabre, It was a super bike back then,

Thanks Okie

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    from soggy Tampa, Fl. Tradition calls for you to post a pic! Cuz
    Ok Soggy, From the not to distant past to the present, The Bat Bike sits awaits additional driveline oil.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Yes, you're right...It was called the V45 Sabre, It was a super bike back then,

Thanks Okie
    They also had the V65 and it was a stud back in the 80's. My roommate in the Air Force had one and it was rocket. Unfortunately I had front row seats of him plowing into an El Camino without looking. Drunk in the EL stopped right in front of him and his head impacted the A pillar. Luckily he had a full face Shoei or his jaw would have been in his brain.

Welcome again JetBlack, just doggin you a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

to the board !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    They also had the V65 and it was a stud back in the 80's. My roommate in the Air Force had one and it was rocket. Unfortunately I had front row seats of him plowing into an El Camino without looking. Drunk in the EL stopped right in front of him and his head impacted the A pillar. Luckily he had a full face Shoei or his jaw would have been in his brain.

Welcome again JetBlack, just doggin you a bit.
    And I too am an AF veteran, and was still in the Air Force when I had my V45 Sabre, stationed in Shaw AFB at the time. No wrecks to report though, dropped that first bike (Honda CX500) in the sand once though.