F6B real cruise control - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F6B real cruise control

This may sound crazy but can you get the cruise that is on the 2015 installed on the 2013 or is there a difference in the ECU or something that would make it impossible?

Quote Originally Posted by pitcherd View Post
    This may sound crazy but can you get the cruise that is on the 2015 installed on the 2013 or is there a difference in the ECU or something that would make it impossible?
    Not impossible with enough $ anything can be done. What is missing is the controls on the handle bars which can be bought and a few of the wires in the harness which can be installed along with the mounting brackets and associated plug & play parts. I suspect if you wanted an OEM complete cruise control it will set you back a lot more $ than any of the good aftermarket ones out there. IMO

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Find a wrecked 2015 and you can get all the parts needed.

modules, ECM, wiring harness, controls all different, and missing relays etc.

Aftermarket would be cheaper.

I ordered the Auzzie Cruise two days ago. I got an email last night saying it was shipped.
    Everything I have read on the internet said this is the system to buy for the F6B aftermarket cruise control.
    I read that it is time consuming but not that difficult.

Last night I stopped by my local Honda dealer and the service manager said exactly the same thing. He heard from a customer that installed it that it is not difficult just takes a lot of time. (He also recommended this system as the one to buy) You must be careful not to damage the plastic parts and be methodical so you can put it all back together properly with no scratches, scuffs, or broken parts.

The dealer would charge me $380.00 to install. (but he said I should try it myself because it should not be that hard if I usually do my own work etc...)

I will buy the service DVD's before I take the bike apart. I think there are supposed to be some info on how to disassemble the bike without damaging plastic tabs etc...

Which DVDs are the best.
    Steve

Steve,

They email you the instructions and they are VERY DETAILED - they tell you EVERY step required - including removing all of the tupperware. Read them over at least 5-6 times BEFORE you start the job and you will be just fine. You don't need the service manuals if you are simply doing the cruise install. If, by slim chance, you do run into issues - the phone support is fantastic (and quite a few folks on this board have done this job as well...).

Good luck with the job - You will not be disappointed in the results!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I ordered the Auzzie Cruise two days ago. I got an email last night saying it was shipped.
    Everything I have read on the internet said this is the system to buy for the F6B aftermarket cruise control.
    I read that it is time consuming but not that difficult.

Last night I stopped by my local Honda dealer and the service manager said exactly the same thing. He heard from a customer that installed it that it is not difficult just takes a lot of time. (He also recommended this system as the one to buy) You must be careful not to damage the plastic parts and be methodical so you can put it all back together properly with no scratches, scuffs, or broken parts.

The dealer would charge me $380.00 to install. (but he said I should try it myself because it should not be that hard if I usually do my own work etc...)

I will buy the service DVD's before I take the bike apart. I think there are supposed to be some info on how to disassemble the bike without damaging plastic tabs etc...

Which DVDs are the best.
    Steve