DEFINITELTY installing headlight modulators - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DEFINITELTY installing headlight modulators

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    If I may add: I too used the modulators on two Goldwings. The problem is that DEER also freeze in their tracks. I totaled my 2008 Wing in California in 2013. The modulators are great, but I would recommend switching the function off in deer areas. Good luck.
    We do have lot's of deer around here. I have a deer "gauntlet" that I have to negotiate through; right out of the 'hood that I ride from every day. I normally do not ride at night; especially during the autumn/late fall when the deer are most active.

I also am an avid deer hunter. With bow and black powder.. I harvest them and eat them. 4 in the freezer at the end of each season is the norm for me.

Deer are very unpredictable. I don't think modulating headlights have any more effect on them; as opposed to other light producing equipment. They will do what they want to do; insanely most of the time when it comes to a motor vehicle.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just ordered the Kisan Pathfinder P115-W-D modulators.... Seems they got their website sorted out.

I shudder when I see what I'm going to go through; with accessing the high beam bulbs on the F6B. I thought my Victoty Vision's headlamps were a pain in the ass.... now meet the F6B.

Look forward to receiving them quickly; and getting them installed. (well not looking forward to the "install" but having them operational).

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Will....Its not that bad..top ones are the biggest challenge..more time consuming than anything..
    Chrome is like cleavage, You can never have too much...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I swear by them. It's only when I turn them off, that I have near death experiences. The only downside is people will occasionally pull off the road waiting for a ticket, two weeks ago a blond actually stopped in the middle of a winding road, waiting for a spot check.
    ss^,
    Ken

I took a slightly different approach, and installed a Kisan modulator (P115W-H3-HD - programmed for LED) - wired into my OEM fog lights. Works well and of course, the fog lights can be turned off if needed for any reason (I haven't found a reason yet). The cars definitely notice me, and quite a few slow down so as not to get a ticket, and I have also seen quite a few cars decide against pulling out in front of me at the last minute, so I believe they definitely work well.

Yep.. it's a no brainer to get them installed. Normally I have always installed on the high beam... but I just "may" install them on the F6B's low beams this time because:

1. low beams are easier to access.
    2. F6B's high beams are REALLY bright. Much more it seems, than on my previous motorcycles which all had modulators installed.

We'll see how I feel; the day I receive and install them.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Low Beam Modulators

Will - I installed mine on the low beams because the high beams are so bright. The work fine, much easier to get to, and completely legal. I did wire in a cut-out switch so I can turn them off during the day if I want to, like in stop and go traffic jams. Here is a picture of the sensor position. Be careful if you use this location, there are some thing underneath the location. A step drill makes it easy, and I used a slightly different grommet setup from the one supplied with the kit. I also wired in a small cut-off switch on the left side of this cover. All you have to do is put the switch in-line with one of the sensor's wires, it dosn't matter which one. You will love them.Modulator Sensor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Travelor View Post
    Will - I installed mine on the low beams because the high beams are so bright. The work fine, much easier to get to, and completely legal. I did wire in a cut-out switch so I can turn them off during the day if I want to, like in stop and go traffic jams. Here is a picture of the sensor position. Be careful if you use this location, there are some thing underneath the location. A step drill makes it easy, and I used a slightly different grommet setup from the one supplied with the kit. I also wired in a small cut-off switch on the left side of this cover. All you have to do is put the switch in-line with one of the sensor's wires, it dosn't matter which one. You will love them.Attachment 15825

Good info. Thank you very much!

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

They do help with SOME folks. But not all. Like this woman this morning.
    http://youtu.be/TvJxjLk2ix4

Quote Originally Posted by radi0chik View Post
    They do help with SOME folks. But not all. Like this woman this morning.
    http://youtu.be/TvJxjLk2ix4
    I see two problems with that video.

1. The motorcyclist is changing lanes and not signaling
    2. The driver whom wanted to merge into the right lane; was signaling; and the motorcyclist could have been polite by backing off and letting them in.

...just saying.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537