DEFINITELTY installing headlight modulators - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DEFINITELTY installing headlight modulators

I did let her in. As if I had a choice. But she came zipping up from the side and slammed on her brakes to get in in front of me. That's what I have the issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by radi0chik View Post
    I did let her in. As if I had a choice. But she came zipping up from the side and slammed on her brakes to get in in front of me. That's what I have the issue with.
    I'm not attacking you.. but you were zipping along pretty well too.

Everyone needs to be a little more courteous out there. And as we all know... a motorcycle will always lose an argument with a car.

I think that driver did notice you. It wasn't a complete, abrupt full swerve into your lane. Your modulators worked. That driver saw you. But they will never guarantee you the right of way.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

By the footage the posted speed limit is 35 mph and she never exceeded 30, also when she passed the white car she was as far left in the lane as you could possibly be. Defensively, if someone to the right of you moves toward the divider your first instinct is to slow your rate of speed or look to change lanes, anticipating a lane change w/o signalling, just the opposite happened. Chik slowed down to 20 then was accelerating to 30 when the idiot in the car decided to torpedo in. My guess is that the driver of the car was calculating to turn into the lane judging the bike at its' current speed, 20 mph while never anticipating, wrongly so, that chik would accelerate back up to the normal speed. The driver of the car in no way had enough room, not even a full car length, to enter the lane. The 18 second mark is where, IMHO, the car was calculating from: white minivan has just left road, chik is at 20 mph, plenty of space to enter lane. I don't think the driver of the car bothered to look back after that until they caught the modulators in their passenger side mirror at the last minute which explains the car never fully entering all the way in, sort of angling in and slightly veering left at the very last second.

I have the Kisan Headlight Modulator. It has saved my butt many times over. Yes there will be some cagers that will stop in front of you. Don't tailgate and you should be OK.