What Taller Shield Do you Have, How Tall Are You, and How do you Like It? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Taller Shield Do you Have, How Tall Are You, and How do you Like It?

Incorrect installation

Quote Originally Posted by marmilia View Post
    Here is my experience for what it is worth.... I'm just a tad over 6' with a longer than average torso and about 31" inseam and I am running a stock seat.

I ordered a Baggershield 11/ 19 windshield the day I got home with my bike and it worked great, I loved the looks of it but I thought it was kind of flimsily and after several attempts could not get it to stop squeaking because it flexed and rubbed against the back side of the faring. Also when the top portion was in the down position it rubbed against the bottom portion leaving a noticeable rub mark right where I look through the top portion when it is in the up position, If it were not for these problems I would still have the Baggershield on my bike.

Then I decided to do what I should have done in the first place and ordered a Madstad 13" medium smoke shield. Once I got used to the ugliness of it (the looks kind of grows on you with some time....LOL) I love it! I now have a fairly short shield that made my radio louder that performs like a tall shield and is adjustable for different conditions.
    My bagger shield doesn't squeak and when upper portion is inverted doesn't rub on the lower portion. I believe it was improperly installed, because mine has none of those issues.

I agree with that statement

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I also have a Baggershield as I said on an above post, and have no issues with squeaking/flexing or any of the issues you had..Perhaps it was not mounted right or something was wrong???...Another poster here also says he has no issues with the same shield...Matstad is a great shield, from what I read, but too "butt ugly"for me..., for others it is fine...Choice is great!!
    Looked at the madstad but could not bring myself to put some butt ugly windshield on my 6 and am very happy with the Bagger shield and it definitely looks like the windshield that should have been put on at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Looked at the madstad but could not bring myself to put some butt ugly windshield on my 6 and am very happy with the Bagger shield and it definitely looks like the windshield that should have been put on at the factory.
    I felt the same about the Madstad until last year at the Franklin Rally I acquired one.Took me the better part of a year before I installed it. Wow way smoother air than the BaggerShield, can turn down the radio a few notches and hear it clearer, and the Ugly actually grows on you. I've use 4 other brands that all didn't provide near as nice an air picket as this Madstad. I have the dark Smoke adjusted so I can see a couple inches over it. Try it you'll like it or you could do like me and spend $1500 or more on Windshields before I tried the Butt Ugly one as you called it.........................After Franklin (Leaving for Lake City Florida tomorrow) I'll have a Baggershield, and a Tall Clearview with a vent for sale if anyone is interested.............See you at the Franklin Rally............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    15" from gasket, cee Baily, I'm like 5' 9 3/4" slouched I'm behind shield, upright I'm over it...works for me. It has the vent...which I like- I can aim air at my face.
    This is exactly me.

I loooooooooove the way the stock windshield looks. I hate everything else about it. Horrible.

I got the tall shield with the vent and if i'm slumped at all, I'm looking through it. If I sit up straight, I"m looking over it. And there is a weird seating position where I'm looking right at the top of it.

I really don't like it at all. But I can hear my tunes and there is no buffeting.

Really wish it was about two inches shorter. (and I've never said that before in my entire life )

The Bagger shield

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I felt the same about the Madstad until last year at the Franklin Rally I acquired one.Took me the better part of a year before I installed it. Wow way smoother air than the BaggerShield, can turn down the radio a few notches and hear it clearer, and the Ugly actually grows on you. I've use 4 other brands that all didn't provide near as nice an air picket as this Madstad. I have the dark Smoke adjusted so I can see a couple inches over it. Try it you'll like it or you could do like me and spend $1500 or more on Windshields before I tried the Butt Ugly one as you called it.........................After Franklin (Leaving for Lake City Florida tomorrow) I'll have a Baggershield, and a Tall Clearview with a vent for sale if anyone is interested.............See you at the Franklin Rally............Dickie
    Dickie, I really don't have a problem with the bagger shield, it does everything I want it to do which is keep the bugs off me, lesson the amount of air trying to blow me off the bike, it lets me hear my stereo better and there just isn't a problem that I have encounter and the other thing is, it looks dam good on the F6B, I will take it off when its so scratched up I can't see thru it anymore and put a new bagger shield on in its place.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post

I thought the same thing, but it grows on you, in fact, I really like the look now.

I had a Madstad (just the brackets) on my DL650 a long time ago; re utilizing the stock OEM shield, the Madstad definitely is a good way to cuctomize the airflow and prevent turbulence. In it's case; once size does fit all most of the time.

Madstad is ugly though; just like my Vstrom was. But I loved them both.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537