Picked up my new 2013 today...and brought it back! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up my new 2013 today...and brought it back!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Typical common Honda dealer new bike delivery to the customer.

Bweiner10... check the oil in your final drive. Hopefully it's full; unlike what many of us have experienced. Oh, and check to make sure you have the proper torque on your rear wheel lug nuts, Should be 85ft lbs... not the 50ft lbs that my bike had...

Despite the many awful Honda dealerships around... the F6B product is without faults. Enjoy your new F6B. We sure are.
    80 ft lbs on the rear lug nuts.....not 85ft lbs

My dealer in Houston. You coming here to buy? Service? Typical means almost all the time and I don't see how we can infer 'typical' when it is a handful of issues compared to how many cycle sales? Deliveries without issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I guess anyone can make a slip. Good catch. That's not typical of will I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

I have two Honda Dealers near me. Both "accentuate" the "typical" poor bike delivery behavior. That is my statistical sample that I offer. Others on this forum have offered the same experience as well.

If you know of a "good dealer" make it be known... so that they get the business.
    When I picked mine I mentioned the final drive issue that I learned about here! Danbury Powersports(CT) went over everthing on the bike.

They even mentioned fresh gas and an additive to make sure I didn't have any gas issues. I paid a little more than some of the deals I've seen some guys get here, but being a mechanical moron it's vital to me to find a quality dealer and service department that I trust.

I've purchased 12 dirt bikes, quads, motorcycles from these guys and have never ever had a problem.

Hope that helps

+1 on the Sea Foam...put the whole can in a fresh tank of gas and run the bike until almost empty. Repeat the process if necessary

+1... try to stay under 45 MPH for the first 100 miles or so, this may help clean the injectors a little better.... + 1 on the entire can !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

shooter
    Better to be 5 up than 5 down.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I guess anyone can make a slip. Good catch. That's not typical of will I'm sure.
    Yes, correct.

80ft lbs... my mistake... senior moment; memory block; too many motorcycles; too many spec's off the top of my head.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yes, correct.

80ft lbs... my mistake... senior moment; memory block; too many motorcycles; too many spec's off the top of my head.
    Thanks for the heads up! I will check em out when I get her in the garage. I will be checking out the bike top to bottom for sure!