Ride Off Center Stand? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride Off Center Stand?

I'm interested in combining one of these with a Centerstand dolly to resolve a narrow garage / really steep driveway issue. Right now I have to do a 7 point turn to get it turned around so I can ride it forward down my steep driveway when I take it back out. Sucks but is better than leaving it outside.

Some of the reviews on the GL1800 sites are more concerned with the ability to actually ride off of it. Not as big a deal for us lighter (faster!) bikes I think, at least not for me.

With the 3/4" height of the dolly, I'd probably end up as high as the regular centerstand sits it now. That would be fine. Its would be nice to just roll it around on the dolly and spin it to where it needs to be.

Once my finances recover from my recent bought of new bike induced MAD (Merchandise Acquisition Disorder), I'm all over this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Before the breathing air is gone, before the sun is just a bright star in the night sky.

"Once my finances recover from my recent bought of new bike induced MAD (Merchandise Acquisition Disorder), I'm all over this."

I like that term..fits me!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Added a stock center stand to my standard and I love it. Use it all the time as a space saver and to air up/clean tires. One of the easiest to use and least obtrusive center stands I've ever had, bike comes up with very little effort and lowers just as easily, not sure why anyone would want/need anything else IMHO?
    ss^,
    Ken

You can ride off the stock center stand. Just add a bit of forward body english and off ya go!
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    You can ride off the stock center stand. Just add a bit of forward body english and off ya go!
    That's how I roll! Just give it a pump forward and off you go.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Thanx Guys ! You have helped me decide. Stock center stand it is. I think it's about the same money and offers a chance to clean ALL of the rear wheel at one time. Haven't had any problem on different surfaces with the side stand, the center stand would be more utility in the garage than anything else.

Just one more vote for stock. I have no problem on or off and I'm not a big guy at all. I had a 76 honda 750 that took all my grunt. I can pop the B up and down with very little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    Just one more vote for stock. I have no problem on or off and I'm not a big guy at all. I had a 76 honda 750 that took all my grunt. I can pop the B up and down with very little effort.
    than I must be doing it wrong because for me it is a bitch to get the bike on the center stand. So what is your technique? If I can't figure it out I will probably go with the ride off center stand.

Quote Originally Posted by TailGunner View Post
    than I must be doing it wrong because for me it is a bitch to get the bike on the center stand. So what is your technique? If I can't figure it out I will probably go with the ride off center stand.
    Make sure the bike is out of gear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Make sure the bike is out of gear as well.

I am not the largest of men but the stock center stand has been such a gift.
    Changing tires and oil well just about anything is easier with it.
    shortleg