First thoughts and........Key chain ideas??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First thoughts and........Key chain ideas???

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Break in period, is 5 second of first gear then ride it like you stole it. I have broken in all my motorcycles that way. If they were built right they will be fine and if they weren't you will find out immediately while the warranty is good and strong. Never had one fail and they have never burnt oil. That include my new F6B deluxe I rode it home from the dealership like a Wildman with his azz on fire.
    Hit 100 mph on the way home from the dealership. Took it easy the first five miles. It was congested city traffic. Dealer didn't say anything about a breakin period.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    No matter what you use, use something.... w/o a fob the key will fall into the plastic never to be seen again... ask me how I know....
    Hmmm.. I don't use a key fob for my bike; however your above remark now gives me pause.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Cool

Yup... I had to have a key brought to me....

That will not happen again !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I like the BACA ignition key setup.....reason why ? After putting the first 16,000 miles on my F6, I will guarantee you if you have a clear windshield on your bike, the chrome ring around the ignition will reflect and glare when the sun is at your back side.....

The BACA key with the black plastic flange will cover the chrome ignition ring and prevent that annoysome glare.....also another hint.....any chrome key ring attached to your ignition key will cause the same bothersome reflection on the backside of a clear windshield....

I have used a permanent marker to coat the chrome ring around the ignition switch face and my key chain is made of black velcro for zero reflection and zero scratching when the key is in the igniton

Just saying from experience...hoping it might help...Shaker

My eldest got this for me many years ago and have used it as my motorcycle keychain ever since.
    Attachment 16778
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sweet and simple

I keep it simple,
    Garage door opener
    Mini light
    Balls so the wife knows that I still have mine.

Attachment 16787
    JAYGO

My break in period was a 350 mile ride home on I-95

Need I elaborate? btw---all of the key chains I have used just flop around so I go "chainless"
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool! Bunch of cool ideas. My lucky key chain from my 1st bike is gone. Bummed about that one. I think I found a cook paracord one I am going to order. Just need something to add a little more size so I can see the key in the key drawer!