Transmission and final gearing comparsion F6b vs Goldwing

Thread: Transmission and final gearing comparsion F6b vs Goldwing

Transmission and final gearing comparsion F6b vs Goldwing

I just wondering if the (2013 models) Goldwing and the F6B has the same ratios? Thanks in advance

I haven't looked anything up but being as the wheels, tires, rearend, drive shaft, brake pads are interchangeable and between 2GL fuorums and 1 F6B no one is clammering to get a rear end or tranny gears my bet is they are the same. 🙈🙉🙊 YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    I just wondering if the (2013 models) Goldwing and the F6B has the same ratios? Thanks in advance
    Yep

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanks. I thought it would be highly possible they dropped the ratio's on this meaner, lower, stripped down version GL, for more rapid take offs, and response in canyon carving riding. I'm now guessing they reduced the late model Valkyrie bikes.

I would prefer the same gearing of the GL myself. It surely takes to the curves just as it is, and I do tend to look for that #6 gear often (after coming from a 1900 Vee Twin bike) it will take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Thanks. I thought it would be highly possible they dropped the ratio's on this meaner, lower, stripped down version GL, for more rapid take offs, and response in canyon carving riding. I'm now guessing they reduced the late model Valkyrie bikes.

I would prefer the same gearing of the GL myself. It surely takes to the curves just as it is, and I do tend to look for that #6 gear often (after coming from a 1900 Vee Twin bike) it will take some getting used to.
    A lot of us do look for that sixth gear. I think we shift by the engine "feel" and it just feels like there should be another gear. The bottom end on the F6 as well as the Wing pulls hard enough that Honda could change the final ratio for decreased RPM's but I bet they have their reasons why it's the way it is.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by Wing'n it View Post
    A lot of us do look for that sixth gear. I think we shift by the engine "feel" and it just feels like there should be another gear. The bottom end on the F6 as well as the Wing pulls hard enough that Honda could change the final ratio for decreased RPM's but I bet they have their reasons why it's the way it is.
    Especially when you come from riding a Vulcan or a Voyager for a while. I been looking for 6th gear a lot. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.