The Better Throttle lock systems
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Better Throttle lock systems

The Better Throttle lock systems

Just wondering what is the most favored manual cruise (throttle lock system) that works with the 2013 F6b...Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
    Just wondering what is the most favored manual cruise (throttle lock system) that works with the 2013 F6b...Thanks in advance!
    I've put Throttlemeisters on the last three bikes I've owned, including my F6B. I have it set just enough to hold the throttle wherever I put it, so effectively it's engaged all the time. I'm sure that's not recommended, but I developed a truly nasty case of carpal tunnel about 15 years ago so being able to keep my hand relaxed most of the time is actually really important for my health.

Note for the potential finger-waggers: I've put about 45,000 miles on Throttlemeisters using this technique with no ill result, so cut me some slack.

I have the Kaoko on my F6B, once set correctly, it just works.

Need Same Info

I have perpetual tendonitis in my elbows, so a good throttle lock that doesn't slip is very much needed. Appreciate your thoughts.

Personally, I think the reasonably priced and reliable Go Cruise is hard to beat. I've been running one on my '13 F6B for almost 32000 miles and 32 months of ownership. The tension is easily adjusted with the wheel on the unit. However, I set mine and have never touched it again.
    Attachment 17219
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Personally, I think the reasonably priced and reliable Go Cruise is hard to beat. I've been running one on my '13 F6B for almost 32000 miles and 32 months of ownership. The tension is easily adjusted with the wheel on the unit. However, I set mine and have never touched it again.
    Attachment 17219
    +1 Cheap and Effective best describes the Go Cruise! With 40K on the clock, the GC has worked remarkably well. Placed two O-Rings, one on each side of the GC, which removes any lateral movement. That and cleaning the rubber friction brand with a alcohol saturated cloth before installing and adjusting the GC removes any chances of slippage once the thumb wheel is set

100_0799.jpg100_0798.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    +1 Cheap and Effective best describes the Go Cruise! With 40K on the clock, the GC has worked remarkably well. Placed two O-Rings, one on each side of the GC, which removes any lateral movement. That and cleaning the rubber friction brand with a alcohol saturated cloth before installing and adjusting the GC removes any chances of slippage once the thumb wheel is set

Attachment 17221Attachment 17222
    +1 works great

I prefer....

.... the BrakeAway unit because while all of the different throttle locks will maintain your speed, only the BrakeAway will release automatically if you grab the front brake lever. Just a personal preference.

Throttlemiester

Love the looks and ease of use of the Throttlemiester cruise control.

I bought an OMNI from the guy that makes them, when I was in Sturgis.
    Super nice guy.
    He told me if I break it he will replace it.
    It works very good for me.

http://www.omni-cruise.com/