Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
You are right. It is a MP3 rack that I have... same as the thread that Shooter had mentioned.

Glancing at the picture in the other thread Shooter referenced... the picture of the #2 post depicts the Custom Chrome rack that he had installed... and represented as bent down.

That post was what I went off of.... not of his claim in post #1 that the MP3 rack has also bent on him. There is no picture of the MP3 rack being bent. No pictures... no proof of that.

However I would still like to state that I do not see how the MP3 rack could bend like that. It's rated for 6 pounds but I have carried bungee'ed suitcases of beer on mine (24 to 36 cans) with no ill effects.

If your are really piling on the cargo (I'm talking about 50 pounds+) ...and from the way that most of the rack is extended out from the 4 bolt points; I imagine it could theoretically start to bend. I've never planned to carry that much on the rack in the first place though. This is a motorcycle... not a pickup truck.
No problem, Will. I have the bikemp3 rack on order through Wingstuff and should get it on Friday. Looking forward to getting it installed.

I agree that if most of the weight is bearing down within the 4 mounting posts area, there shouldn't be a problem with bending.

Thanks,