Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
There is actually a difference between a Auto Rim and a Cycle Rim in the bead area! Can't recall the details but if you do some research you'll get the info. That said, I'm a Double Dark Sider with a G-Max on the rear and a Battlax BT-45 on the front.

Over the years I've heard my fair share of purported facts from the rumor mill and usually get a good chuckle from most. If the dealer is going to refuse warranty work based on ones use of a CT, they would have to do the same for any Wing/F6B with a trailer hitch or using anything other than OEM products/parts i.e. brake pads, oil filters, air filters etc.

Residing in Pa., I have a yearly Vehicle/Motorcycle inspection. I keep a copy of the entire Motorcycle Inspection Criterion in my saddle bags! I have "high-lighted" the portion of the inspection guidance which "clearly states" that the cycle be equipped with a "DOT Approved Tire on a DOT Approved Rim"! All of my installed tires are, in fact, DOT Approved and my F6B Rims are embossed with DOT Approval. There is nothing in the inspection criterion which specifies a rim must be MC!
Thanks for your thoughts/findings, Bob. I was running a Yokohama Avid Envigor on my Valk Interstate and loved it. I was long past my warranty period when I installed it however so that was no issue. Now that I have a brand new B..I want to go Darkside again, probably with the Michelin Alpin as soon as the B's rear tire wears out.

I've yet to hear of anyone ever crashing due to the fault of a Darkside tire. I have heard of many that have crashed when their MC tire suddenly went flat(in some cases due to the OEM valve stem giving out).

Thanks!