Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Some have had issues with the so called "ghost shifting" in 5th gear as you noticed...I have never had the issue, look up in the archives on the board and you will see that most times it is cured by making sure you pound it hard into 5th gear and not "pussy foot" shift so to speak..You will most likely find the correct way to pull the shifter up hard after you ride a while....Ride safe...PS, don't baby the thing and run up the revs a lot and then shift out...It will not hurt this motor at all, just don't ride at a constant speed for long periods of time until get you some miles on the thing!!!!!

Yeah, I learned that after the second time. I have been jamming it into 5th, and the issue did not repeat itself.

The dealer told me the same thing - ride it as you normally would, don't be afraid to rev it, just avoid steady rpms for long stretches.

I am not one to ride / accelerate fast on a bike - I like to cruise - however the flat-6 is making it hard not to get on it a little bit. Shifting at 1800 rpm in each gear is more than enough to stay ahead of traffic.