Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
My honest curiosity (and my main concern) is of what one cannot see; once the car tire is mounted onto the motorcycle wheel. Does the lower foot of the tire bead; seat firmly between the wheel's bead hump and the side of the wheel's bead flange... with no gap?No gap here:Do the current car tires that some of you are running; present a snug fit between the wheel's bead hump and the side of the wheel's bead flange?
Will,The steel belts and air pressure will keep the tire seated where it belongs. IMO the amount of CT side wall/bead making contact has been proven over and over to be more then enough to keep the tire in place.

Side wall strength concerns .....Just remember that most CT's are designed and built for much more weight and stress.
My current CT on my 4 wheeler is rated to a maximum of 1,521 lbsOur Rear Bridgestone G704 is rated to a maximum of 827 lbs.

When you place a CT on a Bike like the F6B, don't forget that you are distributing the weight of the bike between the 2 tires, the CT is lucky to be holding 750 lbs of weight (F6B=900 +2 healthy passengers=600 ---> 1,500 lbs). The side walls are designed to handle much higher weight, abuse and stress on a 4 wheeler then they will ever encounter on a motorcycle.

If you are able to rack up the miles .....CT's are definitely a great alternative.