Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cager Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care'

Cool

I say , convert them to fish food !

I think the movie was Solvent Green ...Richard ______?
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    ...and we say there was no warning when someone starts shooting or otherwise being a danger? We are so ^*cked as a country
    To RickJ: I take exception to your closing statement “We are so ^*cked as a country” Obviously you are not a veteran and have not served in the armed forces, and if you did, you should know better. I spent 24 months in south east Asia during the Vietnam conflict and was never so glad to get back on American soil after that experience. I still have nightmares about it. The grass isn’t always greener and people who make those kinds of comments don’t realize how good we have it here. Turn on the national news some night and take a look at how people have to live in other parts of the world, then tell us all again how “^*ucked” we are. It’s comments like that that keep me away from forums. Enough said . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2015F6B View Post
    To RickJ: I take exception to your closing statement “We are so ^*cked as a country” Obviously you are not a veteran and have not served in the armed forces, and if you did, you should know better. I spent 24 months in south east Asia during the Vietnam conflict and was never so glad to get back on American soil after that experience. I still have nightmares about it. The grass isn’t always greener and people who make those kinds of comments don’t realize how good we have it here. Turn on the national news some night and take a look at how people have to live in other parts of the world, then tell us all again how “^*ucked” we are. It’s comments like that that keep me away from forums. Enough said . . . .
    Thank-you for your service. My son, too has served in a number of conflicts both as a Marine and as a Diplomatic Security agent, my father saw more action than most in a Tank Destroyer Battalion all over africa and europe; I would never do or say anything to lessen the nobility of that service, nor would I wish to live anywhere else- I am not blind to the precious jewel we have in the founding documents of this country as well as the various character traits we have honored over the years...hard work, self-reliance, fairness, safety for persecuted- things distinct even the laws and constitution. BUT that doesn't mean that we don't have serious problems. Lately I am saddened by our loss of spiritual values, disregard for the law, erosion of freedoms, politics of identity over principles, and inability to call a spade a spade (figure of speech). The guy who ran that biker off the road had a demonstrable history of trouble- it's either fixable mental and he needs help or its psychotic and he needs to be removed from the herd. The current political climate precludes any of that and I don't see us heading in a sane direction. Maybe the better line would have been: If we don't make some changes this wonderful country will not be recognizable in a few generations...or less. Your service as well as my concerns can exist side by side and neither negates the other.

I had no desire to offend and if I did I apologize, I also stand by my observation. I'll be more careful in the future to be more aware of which forums on this site I express which opinions.

I just went back to edit my [original]post- and I can't seem to do so.

By and large; the good outweighs the bad (or perceived bad) in America.

I too; have been deployed to some real shit holes on this earth. Anyone reading my post here (save for those whom know what I am speaking of); have never had it so good.

Be thankful for what you have. Others on this earth; would kill you and your family, just for a taste of it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    By and large; the good outweighs the bad (or perceived bad) in America.

I too; have been deployed to some real shit holes on this earth. Anyone reading my post here (save for those whom know what I am speaking of); have never had it so good.

Be thankful for what you have. Others on this earth; would kill you and your family, just for a taste of it.
    amen

Amen to the "Good ole USA"...Two of my sons have served in the "hell holes" of Iran/Irag and Afganistan...One son lost his life in an industrial accident shorty after serving in Desert Storm, one is currently a Staff Sgt. in the Marines and is again deployed for the third time. Ask him about his love for America...My wife was born during the WW11 conflict in Germany and saw things she still has bad memories about....Yes, there is a lot wrong with this country, but if you don't like it, no one is stopping anyone from moving elsewhere..In my career with Ford I traveled a lot around the world and was always grateful to get back in the USA and count my "blessings"...Sorry for the "rant".....but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I say , convert them to fish food !

I think the movie was Solvent Green ...Richard ______?

It was Soylent Green, starring Charlton Heston. Love that flick (classic!).

I think the cager needs to be re-educated by bikers at Sturgis and at least one bike week in Daytona. Putting him naked in stocks with cane poles handy for all of passersby. A day or two at each event should be enough.
    My favorite riding accessory is my LADY.
    I do not care how nice the bike is, I enjoy it more when she is with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Not in Caif. we stopped that, get three DUI in your life and the third one is a felony and you do up to 10 years in the grey bar hotel with a 1 year minimum, it's the law here and is followed. We don't mess around with drunk drivers in Calif.

Side note: First DUI in Calif is about $15,649 in overall costs to the offender when it is all done and could be as much as $45,435.
    if you are under 21 the penalties are even higher. The expense of an under-age-21 first-offense misdemeanor DUI is up to $22,492. .
    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/mar...-cost-20130314
    and
    http://www.dmv.org/articles/real-cos...in-california/

Glad to hear Larry. But, do they lose their driving privileges for life? As a felon they will be a prohibited person under federal law and forfeit their right to posses firearms. My point being when you have identified as an irresponsible citizen with 2 tons of steel, how do we fine them, jail them but then after all of that consider them cured and let them drive again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Wow! Now if they could impose something like that for people driving; using cell phones and/or texting.
    Yes sir!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver