Deluxe ...or Da Plain?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Deluxe ...or Da Plain?

Deluxe ...or Da Plain?

Greetings from a new member from North Carolina. (It's not the edge of the earth, but we have a damned fine view of that)

I'm about to pull the trigger on an F6B. Question is....is the Deluxe worth the extra scratch? As best as I can find out, other than paint the only extras the Deluxe gets you is the centre stand and the cruise control. Is there anything else? Seems the centre stand can be had for a lot less and added in the garage.

Also....right now I'm just trying to find the best deal. I've been looking at leftover 2013's and 14's or new '15's. Were there any real changes over those years?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

This is from a rookie, but heated grips and I think cancelling turn signals are part of the deluxe. I know there are 4 add ons.

Worth it in my opinion, 13's and 14's are same just added Yellow in 14. 15's have cruise which is also a valuable option!.

Yes

There are plenty of posts on this Forum from members that have the standard, that afterwards, want to add cruise, heated grips, and center stands, and cancelling turn signals. Might as well get them right away, and let Honda do the work. Either way, you will love the 6, but might as well get some extras with the Deluxe.

I had this debate just a few weeks ago. I ended up with a '13 Standard, but would have purchased the Deluxe if one was available. I had heated grips added (Honda part) for $280 (no charge for labor), I will eventually add the center stand, but I will have to live without the self-cancelling turn signals (my 2004 $9000 VStar 1100 had those; not sure why they aren't standard on the Standard). The thing I will miss the most is cruise control, available only on the 2015+ models. The 2015s were $3000 more when I was looking.

To sum up, with the Deluxe you get:

• heated grips
    • backrest
    • center stand
    • self-cancelling turn signals

Both models have cruise control. All that for $1500 more. Worth it to me.

Plus... the Deluxe models are faster than the lowly standards.... and are more sexy.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Just my humble opinion

The 4 options on the 2015 deluxe make that the nicest ride in the park. The center stand makes checking fluid levels a breeze and the self canceling turn signal even though that doesn't sound like much just make one less thing you have to think about when your turning a corner. I never had cruise on my earlier bike and didn't think I would use it that much, I was wrong, I use it a lot, it is a very nice added option. I also never had heated grip and now wouldn't live without them. Even the boys in Florida say they use theirs and I know I use mine up here in Michigan more than you would think. So is the 2015 deluxe worth the money. Its a no brainer, I definitely opted for all those and have found them to be worth the extra money.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Plus... the Deluxe models are faster than the lowly standards.... and are more sexy.

Actually Will the Standards are much faster as they are unencumbered by all that excessive weight from the add ons. Deluxe owners tend to have a bigger head also which adds weight.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Actually Will the Standards are much faster as they are unencumbered by all that excessive weight from the add ons. Deluxe owners tend to have a bigger head also which adds weight.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I bought the standard and added what I wanted---centerstand ($60 shipped from a trike conversion) and a like new backrest from a member for under $200. I can live without the heated grips (added Baker Hand Wings $60) and I DID NOT WANT SELF CANCELLING TURN SIGNALS I had them on the Harleys and Victorys and I really hated when I was sitting at a light or making a left hand turn only to find out I was just sitting in the road with no indication of what I was about to do as they would stop by themselves.

I may still add the heated grips.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]