Throttle problems on my F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle problems on my F6B

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    I thought it was the Michigan roads.
    Indiana roads bend rims!.......
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

If anyone has worse roads than us, then they have to be almost undriveable. A friend did a gopro video of a ride and it was barely watchable. The winter freeze and spring thaw does a number on them.

Looking at the 3 photos of dark siders, I suppose the reason it works so well on the 'Wing is the fact that the bike can't really generate "excessive" lean angles.... Bits are dragging well before the tire gets too far over on the sidewall. I don't think they'd do so well on anything sportier...

shooter
    You're right , they wouldn't work too good on a sport bike. At the same time I'm not sure you could tell the difference between the stock stones and an Alpin if you didn't look underneath on the B.

MC tire, CT

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    If you saw a wreck with a car tire on the rear , and I know you have cause I know you wouldn't just say it , the tire probably wasn't at fault. Unless the tire was over/under inflated. Most likely the guy was riding over his head. I can lean my B over till it pushes my pegs up , riding two up. I don't see how you can ask more of a tire. I run a Michelin Alpin. I've seen a lot of MC wrecks. 99.9% of them with MC tires. Was it the tires fault? Doubtful. Most MC wrecks that don't involve another vehicle are operator error. Road conditions shouldn't be much of a factor. You never over ride the conditions if you're smart. So I'm not buying that at CT on a MC caused a wreck. With all respect Seadog I call foul on that one.
    I was really referring to the fact that when up on its edge a CT wasn't meant to do that. It usually has help from 3 others on the car to remain as flat as possible to provide the biggest contact patch for a heavy automobile, it is purpose built for that. The motorcycle tire on the other hand provide the best contact patch at extreme lean angles, mainly because it is purpose built to perform in those conditions, and I still don't have a problem with you running a car tire on your motorcycle. But you will never see one on mine. JMHO

I've never ridden on a car tire(on my bike)and probably never will. However, I'm always open to something new and different and may try one someday. Depends on what kind of mileage I get from the MC tires.

Anyway, here's a video of a CT being run on an 1800 Wing. There are many more to be seen. This is just one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoNDo7o1d6Q

Somehow everone is missing the point of what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Just don't tell this guy

Attachment 17357

or this guy

Attachment 17358

or this guy

Attachment 17359

All three friends of mine and there are several others. I run bike tires myself, but I ride with these guys and others and can tell you they do just fine. Rode with 2 of them this past weekend in the Smokies.
    I didn't say they didn't do curves, I said their design was not made to do curves and excessive lean angles. That is a whole different story from my statement what your trying to show me. I don't care if you can ride a car tire thru the curves, I just stated that I would never put a car tire on my motorcycle. I watched a guy go down with a car tire on his motorcycle and it wasn't because he was being an idiot and going too fast. Its just not for my bike./

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Here is someone else with tires that don't last, serious throttle problem .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sZuobUySaE

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Stock Tire Mileage

I got 14000 out of my rear and 17000 out of my front, could easily have got another 1000 maybe 2000 but I was planning on a long trip so I changed them out. Second set same thing changed out the rear at 28000 (14000) on the tire, could have went another 1000 or 2000. the front is still on at 30000 (13000 on tire) and it still looks good. Average rider, spirited country roads and 80mph on the freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Looking at the 3 photos of dark siders, I suppose the reason it works so well on the 'Wing is the fact that the bike can't really generate "excessive" lean angles.... Bits are dragging well before the tire gets too far over on the sidewall. I don't think they'd do so well on anything sportier...
    I came from a 1400 Concours everyone on the connie forum talked $hit about me putting a ct. on my bike.... I was getting 3-4000 miles on lots of different mc tires. I got 12000 miles on the 205/40 car tire on the connie.... Rode the dragon and got lots of nice pcx. of just the edge of the tire on the ground.... Now I am the proud owner of a 14 f6b. The connie was stupid fast but no where near a comfortable as the wing. Right now I have 6800 miles on the stock wing tires and am tickled to death they still look great. I will really think about putting a ct. on the wing.