Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
Hi! I have a HH38WXST hand held Cobra CB. I have only used it a couple of times. It worked fine for a short time, but then a problem. The radio was fine, but the cable that came with the radio that plugged into the Speaker and Mic(PTT) went bad. It plugged into the right side of the radio and the cable coming out of that plug came out 90 degrees downward and pressed against the power plug (F6b Power) and broke the speaker wire. Cobra has another Speaker/Mic(PTT) cable that comes straight out and away from other plugs. Get that one.
My radio came with a handle bar mount. It works, but the radio fits to loosely on the mount for my comfort. I secure it better with and large rubber band. Also when the radio is not mounted the mount which is metal is very shape and it will cut you if not careful. I made a leather boot to slip on it when radio is not there.
The radio came with a 12 inch antenna. I purchased a retractable antenna that extends to 24 inches. Cobra has these. Yes, better reception. Remember. Whip antennas radiate 360 degrees, but are also line of site antennas. Hills, building, and vegetation all play a part & can hamper communications. You should not have any problem riding with you friends.

Great info, thank you for your help.
From the pictures on their site,, I did notice the mount looked a bit rough cut and down right ugly without the CB in place.